Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #11 
Nibblez

That has been extremely helpful although i still have a few lingering questions, what about infusoria? Would making infusoria be necessary or would the BBS alone be enough. Something else that is confusing me is about the breeding tank, I would understand why a 5g is better for breeding but i have also been told that 10g isnt enough for a grow out tank. If i use a 5g tank for a grow out as well, wouldnt that be absolutely crowded within just a few days?
Nibblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #12 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblez View Post
That has been extremely helpful although i still have a few lingering questions, what about infusoria? Would making infusoria be necessary or would the BBS alone be enough. Something else that is confusing me is about the breeding tank, I would understand why a 5g is better for breeding but i have also been told that 10g isnt enough for a grow out tank. If i use a 5g tank for a grow out as well, wouldnt that be absolutely crowded within just a few days?
No need for Infusoria they will just waste your time BBS is good enough
Start feeding them newly hatched BBS in 5 days also remove the dad on the 5th day before you feed them

Once you have spawn in your 5g tank wait a month or so to move them to a grow out tank and Yes, its going to be crowed if you have alots of success rates but you have to wait a month or so then you can do a tank switch to a grow out tank because moving them at a young age can kill them some cant handle it and moving them at a young age will be hard too because they are still to small catch at 1 month they will be easy to see
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #13 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHounD View Post
Nice info bro! Its really useful, I myself didn't know that.

Whoever did a research on that is really smart!
Thanks bro
Old 05-23-2013, 12:34 AM   #14 
Nibblez

Awesome, so i will get 2 tanks, a 5g and a 20g. So with this in mind, that means i can leave the 20g to cycle with a sponge filter while i have the 5g bare with a couple of plants and the heater. Daily water changes after i remove the father until i have move them to the filter 20g after a month?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #15 
Setsuna

Quote:
Awesome, so i will get 2 tanks, a 5g and a 20g. So with this in mind, that means i can leave the 20g to cycle with a sponge filter while i have the 5g bare with a couple of plants and the heater. Daily water changes after i remove the father until i have move them to the filter 20g after a month?
i would do daily maybe 1once every 2 days that way you dont bother them much less stress
Old 05-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #16 
Nibblez

Thanks so much for all the advice so far, will be heading out to get the supplies i need soon. Actually, would a 7 gallon tank work about the same a 5 gallon tank?

Last edited by Nibblez; 05-23-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:12 AM   #17 
Setsuna

Quote:
Thanks so much for all the advice so far, will be heading out to get the supplies i need soon. Actually, would a 7 gallon tank work about the same a 5 gallon tank?
yea i think it should be fine
Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #18 
Nibblez

Say if i were to use the 20g and 7g as growout tanks, roughly how many fry can i keep? I dont feel like culling them but if these two arent sufficient that i guess i would really have no choice.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #19 
Setsuna

Quote:
Say if i were to use the 20g and 7g as growout tanks, roughly how many fry can i keep? I dont feel like culling them but if these two arent sufficient that i guess i would really have no choice.
well it just really depend on the success rate that you have if you have but still you should be okay. if you do end up with alot just go buy a pool and put them out side im sure Australia has tropical weather too. And beside at this point it is more important to worry about the survival rate or success rate before thinking about what you need for grow out i know you want to prepare but im sure you can still decide on what you need once you know how many frys you have ^^

Last edited by Setsuna; 05-23-2013 at 04:05 PM.