Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #11 
Krys

I have actually seen it done plenty of times. and there are videos of the instances on youtube. This one isn't too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PEKKOkn2eU

However, I don't recommend anyone try it. Keep them separated.
Krys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #12 
Fenghuang

There is so much false information being given around in the comment section of that video. *shakes head*
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #13 
Krys

Yeah. But i was talking about the video itself. The white ones seem chill enough. Though, I'm not sure if it's because there's another male in the tank that's shifting focus, or what.
Krys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

The white VT looks to be almost constantly submitting to the CT male. Even though there is no actual physical violence, that kind of conflict can still be extremely stressful for fish, particularly the submissive one.

Also, it may be that one day the balance of power shifts and the white VT decides not to submit to the CT. Then you could very well end up with a maimed or dead fish.

Bettas are surprisingly unpredictable. Signs of aggression can be extremely subtle. Having wild betta males that share a tank, sometimes all it takes is a hard look from a dominant fish and the weaker one will stripe up and retreat.

It is very easy to miss warning signs, and this can lead to disaster.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #15 
Shiverdam

A male Betta's tank IS his territory, any size tank you give him will lead to that. Any other male is an intruder.
Shiverdam is offline   Reply With Quote