Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #1 
Manisha

Wink Hi, I am Manisha, betta keeper by accident...

I am happy to have found this site. I have been a betta keeper for 3+ years on accident....

I worked in an office, the woman in the office across from me was fired or quit?! and...she was never replaced....

A month down the road..I finally went into her office to find some supplies and found a small vase with about an inch of water with green slime with a little blue fish swimming on his side trying so hard to live...abandoned.

I took him in, read a book, and he still lives today!

I now have three 5 gallon tanks and two 10 gallon. 6 fish all together.

I found this site when researching babies as My local Petco started selling them. I now am raising three babies which are doing very well.

This site is inspiring me to expand my family of fish and knowledge Thanks!

Happy to meet all of you,
Manisha
Manisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

And here I will give an official "Welcome to the forum!" So happy to see another enthusiast come out! haha

You should certainly start a journal for your babies to mark their growth! I know you've already stalked my baby journals lol

And congratulations on your first adopted boy, I'm so happy you found him! The poor guy, so sad to think that she just left him there to die :( Good on you for adopting him!

Oh and never be afraid to ask us anything, no matter if you think it's silly or not! It's what we're here for

lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #3 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hi Manisha so nice to meet you and I am happy you found the forum ! That poor little guy how sad, I am so happy you found him and cared for him and that he is still living today, awesome.

Glad to hear your babies are doing so well, would love to see some pictures of all your fish when you get a chance to post some. Enjoy
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #4 
itsuki

welcome to the site and i must say after hearing the story of your 1st betta, that is proof positive that bettas are a tough/hardy fish!! 1 month in a small vase with no water changes and no food!?!! that is a tough fish u got, a real survivor!! i feel that alot of owners "baby" their betta too much like an over protective parent
itsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #5 
Riverotter

Thanks for saving him! I'm glad he's brought you such happiness, and a new hobby, and now some new friends too!
Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote