Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #1 
HappyTurtle

Vanishing Act

Has anyone ever had a fish just……………..disappear? My goldfish is straight up gone, no trace. Tore apart his tank, the filter, and my bedroom and found no clues. :( I really liked that fish :(

This would make way more sense if we had cats..
HappyTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #2 
jaysee
Reference Team

Check around on the floor around the tank?

Sent from Petguide.com App
jaysee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #3 
HappyTurtle

We tore the whole place apart and no sign. We are thinking one of the dogs might've gotten him if he somehow jumped out but still, we feel lke we would have noticed. He was going to be my 20 year pal!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #4 
Bombalurina

That's very sad. :( I have had this happen with a female betta (conceivable, in my case at least, that her corpse was eaten, however), but never with anything as large as a common goldfish.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #5 
jaysee
Reference Team

I've found lost fish when I moved....
jaysee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #6 
logisticsguy

It happened to me last week. Smokey was one of my best fish and poof gone. I suspect he jumped and was eaten by the dog. Or he was abducted by aliens. I prefer the alien theory so Im going to go with that.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #7 
Rana

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your fish! When my tetras died they were kind enough to leave skeletons, but I lost a danio earlier this year and there was no sign of a body anywhere. One day there were six fish, the next there were five.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #8 
LittleBettaFish

I just moved one of my shelves today and found a fish body stuck to the wall that I think belonged to one of the fish I bred a year or so ago.

I've found fish metres away from the tank as they flop around trying to find water to go back into. I usually find mine behind my rack or under it.

It's why all my tanks are cling wrapped. Lost way too many fish through jumping to risk it now.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #9 
HappyTurtle

Aw, well it does make me feel a little better that I'm not the only one. Still sad to wake up to an empty tank but hey, maybe now I'll start a small community. Pias was the fair fish that started it all and he had an excellent rest of his life.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #10 
Agent13
Reference Team

My sons fish vanished a few years ago right after a break up and after ripping the tank apart and searching the house I went to my x's job and demanded the key back and accused him of taking the fish ..lol. The tank was covered and I had seriously ripped it apart and checked absolutely everywhere (or so I thought). Put the tank back together and just ran it with no fish. Finally months later when I was getting it ready for a new fish I found the remains in a tiny hole in a cramped part of the castle that honestly was WAAAYY too small for that fish and I have no idea how it got in there( my I never told the X I found it..served as a great way to get my key back hahaha)
Agent13 is online now   Reply With Quote