Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #1 
JadeAngel

Best news ever for me!! :D

I couldn't be happier... I got up early this morning, went for a bike ride, baked breakfast, and did some dishes because I was in such a good mood.

My husband made me promise not to tell any friends of family because, well... let's just say they can be judgemental pains in the rear end.

But you guys here don't know my friends and family, lol and I have to tell someone!

My husband decided it's time to have a 2nd child! OMG! I can't begin to express how happy I am. When he asked to talk to me about it yesterday, and told me he finally reached a decision, I burst out crying and just couldn't stop. I'm so so so happy! I want to shout it out to the world... but... I'll just shout it out in this forum instead, hehe

I think I'll have to find a less heavy way to do water changes now though
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol to your last sentence and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is exciting! Oh, I'm so happy for your two!! Such a joyous day for sure!!!

lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #3 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Lol to your last sentence and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is exciting! Oh, I'm so happy for your two!! Such a joyous day for sure!!!

Thanks I woke up this morning trying to avoid the topic with this growing fear that he'd change his mind since he's been on the fence about it... but he brought it up again and seems committed to the idea If I'm dreaming I don't want to wake up! hehehe

We've decided to keep it hush hush from family and friends until we get a positive test, however long it takes. It would be awesome if it doesn't take too long too (my daughter came along with just a some missed pills) because his uncle's wife found out recently that she is unexpectedly expecting her 2nd and probably also last as she is around 45, and his sister will also be trying again as soon as she can within several months (her baby was born prematurely in march and did not make it... Its been hard, but she wants to try again when medically able) so maybe the family can have a 3 babies near each other in age

I'm on cloud 9 now. And really sucking up to the hubby a lot too! lol
Old 05-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #4 
sandybottom
Reference Team

wonderful news! when i was pregnant, i don't know if i didn't want to jinks it, or was afraid of judgemental people too. we ended up being totally selfish and keeping it to ourselves for the first 4 months or so. it was great to have our little secret without anyone knowing. we just got to enjoy it more. so i totally understand about the whole family thing. sometimes the people you love can be pretty weird about things like this. usually they come around though. enjoy the road ahead. should be the best time of your lives. bless you.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
Thanks I woke up this morning trying to avoid the topic with this growing fear that he'd change his mind since he's been on the fence about it... but he brought it up again and seems committed to the idea If I'm dreaming I don't want to wake up! hehehe

We've decided to keep it hush hush from family and friends until we get a positive test, however long it takes. It would be awesome if it doesn't take too long too (my daughter came along with just a some missed pills) because his uncle's wife found out recently that she is unexpectedly expecting her 2nd and probably also last as she is around 45, and his sister will also be trying again as soon as she can within several months (her baby was born prematurely in march and did not make it... Its been hard, but she wants to try again when medically able) so maybe the family can have a 3 babies near each other in age

I'm on cloud 9 now. And really sucking up to the hubby a lot too! lol
So exciting! I'm like literally jumping up and down for you! hahah XD

Everything comes in 3's!!!! Well...most of the time, in my life, everything comes in pairs :D

But good luck in your endeavors and may the road be straight and smooth!!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #6 
Lights106

YAAAAAAY! Congrats!!!! I can't wait till I have my second! So jealous!!
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #7 
Jexx

YAY!!!! That is so wonderful!!!!! I hope you get it in one try ;)

When I was pregnant we didn't tell anyone. Not even my parents until I was 14 weeks. It was great not having anyone knowing. We didn't even tell them we were planning to have kids. It was a shock for everyone and then even more of a shock when it was twins haha. Oooooh maybe you'll have twins!!!! Then you can have a 2 for one deal too!!!!!
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #8 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
YAY!!!! That is so wonderful!!!!! I hope you get it in one try ;)

When I was pregnant we didn't tell anyone. Not even my parents until I was 14 weeks. It was great not having anyone knowing. We didn't even tell them we were planning to have kids. It was a shock for everyone and then even more of a shock when it was twins haha. Oooooh maybe you'll have twins!!!! Then you can have a 2 for one deal too!!!!!
oooh, don't scare me! hahaha

We have 3 sets of twins in my family (counting up to my great grandparents) all fraternal, not identical.
But 2 will be our limits, then its snip snip

I'm not even going to make plans until we get a positive, i'll put a curse on it, don't need that! hahaha

Thanks guys I'm glad I can at least share it with some friends It's really really hard not to mention it with my best friends but my one bff would be the biggest pain in the butt about it because she doesnt want kids and always tends to have unwanted and inexperienced advise about it (namely... dont) lol
Old 05-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #9 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybottom View Post
wonderful news! when i was pregnant, i don't know if i didn't want to jinks it, or was afraid of judgemental people too. we ended up being totally selfish and keeping it to ourselves for the first 4 months or so. it was great to have our little secret without anyone knowing. we just got to enjoy it more. so i totally understand about the whole family thing. sometimes the people you love can be pretty weird about things like this. usually they come around though. enjoy the road ahead. should be the best time of your lives. bless you.
My daughter wasn't planned, though we WERE talking about it and considering it at the time, she popped up as a little surprise. So I think this one will have the joy of being planned too, that and I won't be surprised at the hospital when my new born looks like a squished little raisin! I think the 2nd time around you have a better idea of what you would have done different the first time and don't that first time frustration. Plus the good thing is that my daughter turns 4 this july, so she will be almost or past 5 when the baby comes around if we conceive quickly. So she will be old enough to appreciate a baby, be gentle, and helpful, and hopefully I can divert the jealousy thing too.

I finally finished her room this week, and I put her 5g tank in there, it's on a table only 18-24" tall, and she is very careful with it. She wont tap the tank and is careful not to bump it. She also chastised my friend's 2 year old yesterday when he tapped it. So I'm glad she already has that gentleness there
Old 05-24-2013, 01:19 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote