Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #11 
kellyyoungmoney

found 2 different types of food today. i wasnt satisfied with petsmart's choices so i bought the only tropical food that wasnt flakes and then decided to go to petco. thankfully they had my favorite tropical fish food (the tetracolor granules) and my fish love them! but now comes the waiting game of hoping for babies! im so impatient and i just sit there staring at the tank hoping that i can telepathically tell her to have them.
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #12 
Jexx

has she gotten any bigger?
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #13 
kellyyoungmoney

she had her babies yesterday morning! ive only caught about 8 and shes still got some in her, so shes being watched very closely!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #14 
Jexx

OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! What was it like? details?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #15 
kellyyoungmoney

well i only saw her have one, but so far ive got 12. basically she was really frantic the night before if i turned any lights on, but when i would come in to check on her after having the lights off, she would be laying in a cave at the bottom of the tank. and i read somewhere that platies have their babies in the morning around sunrise so it made since when i woke up at 8 and realized we had babies in the tank. but basically she was just frantically swimming back and forth and then she would go hide in this corner(that i planted heavily so the babies would have a chance) and she would just stop for a second and pop one out and then keep swimming. and i tried to put her in the breeder net but i dont think she actually had any in there, i just had to catch the little free swimmers in the tank.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #16 
Jexx

12 babies!!!! congrats!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #17 
kellyyoungmoney

found another one this morning, now we got 13! and they have little black specks on their tails where the Mickey Mouse is!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #18 
Stone

Yay Ours had its babies about a week ago and basically the tank is so big and planted we did not see them until I was doing a water change opps and due to the fact the tank is full of various fish a bunch of the poor little guys got eaten we managed to move about 7 over to our red cherry shrimp tank to grow up and be safe, but unfortunately the daddy mickey died today, he had gotten sick a few weeks ago bounced back and died within a few hours today after looking fine, makes me a bit sad, but I am hoping there is a replacement in the shrimp tank
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #19 
kellyyoungmoney

yeah ive lost a molly mom after she gave birth so ive been watching this mom closely. but ive decided to keep them and give them to my lfs but now i need a small cheap tank to grow them out in :\
Old 05-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #20 
Stone

Yeah we did not think the whole liver bearer thing through with some of the fish we have but we lucked out all of the mollys are girls, and red cherry shrimp won't mess with fry so it only made sense to move them over, luckily thos 2 tanks are cleaned and water changed the same days so it was not a shock to them and the temp was within .2 degrees
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote