Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #21 
kellyyoungmoney

yeah thats awesome, i love the whole livebearer experience, i get so excited when i realize my females pregnant and then i watch her for weeks just praying for one baby. and i love taking care of the little buggers! but i always dont think it through that i have no where to keep them :/ but i think my lfs takes pretty much any fish so hopefully they do!
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #22 
kellyyoungmoney

so instead of creating a whole new post, i just thought i would ask my question on this one. i need a grow out tank, preferrably at or under 5gal(i dont have the space for anything bigger and i dont even have any idea where im gonna put a 5gal) so if anyone knows of a cheap 5gal setup(w/heater and everything) please let me know! and how should i do water changes in the 10gal(where they are currently housed in a breeding net) so that the water isnt totally different from what they were in? (im doing a 50-75% change bc of potential parsites)
Old 06-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #23 
Stone

Here are some options, all at wallyworld all have everything but a heater, all you really need is a cheap preset heater, I have 2 of the aquaculter ones the only gripe I have with them is needs better lighting to grow plants, have no personal experience with the other 2 to know if they are any better maybe check on cragslist sometimes awesome deals can be found there

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hawkeye-5-...-Pets/17480272
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hawkeye-5-...-Pets/14660258
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Cultu...-Pets/20693704
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #24 
kellyyoungmoney

i totally forgot about walmart! yeah i checked craigslist, but for some reason the only thing anyone wants to sell in my area is 55gal, usually with fish that come with it.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #25 
Stone

Yeah I got both of my big tanks from craigslist, but those 3 have all but heater, I am sure people on site have the hawkeyes, the filter in the aquaculters are adjustable it's a nice size and I have been happy with them both beside the led lighting but I have foiund some DIY solutions to fix that
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #26 
kellyyoungmoney

yeah, i just need something to grow out these little guys so that the lfs will take them. or if i see a sad sickly betta that i just have to have :)