Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

How to care for repetative fin biter

Zeus once had beautiful flowing tail. It's now short and raggedy. I've upgraded to a 5 gallon he seems to love it but as far a I can tell he is still chewing away. Honestly I think he likes being able to moving faster. He was more of snails pace before. There is no evidence of fin rot. I am concerned he will end up with some sort of infection from doing this. If I can't get him to stop how can I keep him healthy?
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #2 
BETTACHKALOVE

I have one tail bitter but he don't do it too often though. I do have a lot of toys in his tank to keep him busy. My tanks not cycled and i just do more water changes for him and his tail never got infected yet. He is 3 years old. For his 2.5 gall tank i do 100% water changes every 5days. If your tank is cycled i guess you can do extra water changes to keep water super clean and also add stress coat. Stress coat good for the healing. But again my betta did it about 8 times in 3 years. Not sure if he does it on regular basis may be you will need to treat him. So have aquarium salt ready and i guess you always need to keep medications on hands if you have bettas.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote