Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #91 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Basta~~
"Fiv-" i started to say, but then the female betta suddenly shouted"I HAVE A LOADED WEAPON!" I looked at her blankly. She had grabbed Neptune. This was getting depressing. That was it. She had wasted her chance to leave... I was going to finish this! "STAY BACK.. OR I'LL..I'LL KILL HIM!" she shrieks. I stepped back. " Your bluffing!" I sneered, hoping I looked more sure of that statement than I felt. She glared at me"What will it be tough guy? Your territory or your friend," she asked, sneering. I stare at her. Neptune squirms out of her grip and swims up next to me. Of course, he could have got out of that situation on his own! I think. He's not a wimp... he's Neptune." Fine," I snap. You can go in THAT corner." I gesture to the coldest, smallest part of the cave. Suddenly that punk betta that attacked us earlier darts in the cave and looks at me, shocked."I'm so sorry," he whispers, sounding like the world just ended or something. I give the cream colored female one last angry look then I dart after the silver crowntail. Neptune looks at me. What are you DOING?! he mouths at me frantically. I shrug. " What, did you think I actually learned a lesson not to mess with other fish? "I say, half smiling. Then I swim after the other crowntail and he cautiously follows, leaving the cream colored betta alone in the cave, which I have a feeling isn't a good idea.

Last edited by Happyhobbit; 06-12-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #92 
Lotte

As I continue to observe the regal crowntail, I notice another newcomer... a metallic green and blue spadetail. My attention is immediately diverted as I watch her within my plant. She quickly becomes intrigued by the regal crowntail with recognition in her eyes.
Suddenly, he is attacked by a betta(s). They flare at eachother and land deadly blows. I am about to intervene when I see the familiar shadow of a hunting bird. They both dart into a hiding place in opposite directions. I feel a wave of relief as I see that both are safe and that the bird has left. A terrified red and purple veiltail is greeted kindly by the blue betta. The regal crowntail, looking slightly guilty, invites the two to join him in a quest, something about the Waterflash Kingdom. The name sounds familiar...but I quickly toss aside the thought. The blue betta rejects the offer harshly-- and the small one quickly follows. I feel a deep sorrow within myself as I watch the blue tipped, silver crown tail slowly sink in dismay. Suddenly he notices me. For a moment, I 'm very startled and embarrassed. I had been watching him for quite some time, but had never approached him. We continue to stare sadly at each other. I have the overwhelming urge to help him in whatever unfortunate situation he may be in. I decide to emerge when he slowly swims away, being pulled by the current into a dark cave. I watch disappointed, and I reluctantly swim away.
-------After failing to cheer myself up by hunting, I returned to the dark cave where I last saw the blue tipped silver crown tail. I am surprised to find a bored looking cream rosetail in one of the dark corners. I decide to approach her when she shoots me an angry glare. She reminds me of one of my past sorority sisters. I continue to approach her, stopping only a few inches away.
Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #93 
Silverbeam

The curious female spadetail is right in front of me now, her as sparkle as she starts drowning me with a gazillion questions, "Oh my goodness it really is you! I heard your kind had mysterious healing powers! Is it true? Is your kingdom's government a democracy or a monarchy? What is your duty as a prince?" I know she knows who I am, I let out a long sigh, and continue not even trying to disguise the sadness in my , voice, "Yes, I am Prince Silverbeam the current heir to the throne because my sister is currently missing. Yes, some of us have small healing powers, though we can't bring back the dead, because if we could the queen would still be with us. Considering the power of our kingdom is in my father's, the king's, hands, that makes us a monarchy. As prince I have many duties such as; protect my people- I am head of the kingdom's guard after all, helping out the king and the princess of course, and blah blah blah." I sigh again. "Listen I should be going soon..." my voice cracks a little as I continue, "I have... Something to... Attend to..." I turn away and look around and look for the aquamarine green female I saw earlier. I didn't see her. I thought about her as I swam around, I was swimming around without a purpose, though. I wonder if I'll run into her, or this book geek again, I shrug off and just keep swimming around, and around...

Suddenly the black and navy-tipped betta is behind me. When I see him I look down guiltily and say, "Look, I know you're probably here for revenge which I deserve, so go ahead." I look back up to him as tears are starting to brim my eyes, "Just please, don't kill me. If you do, I'll never be able to protect them, I won't be able to fulfill my duty, and I'll never see my sister again." Still looking down, I close my eyes and wait for him to attack...
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #94 
Saphira101

I'm switching Draco from spade tail to halfmoon, OK?

~~~Draco~~~
I land in the water with a loud plop. The water was warm and a brownish-yellow color. I flicked my fins irritably, trying to hide the fact that my gills were burning from the ammonia poisoning that I'd received from that wretched cup. The pain was agonizing, but I pretended that it didn't exist, for I saw other bettas talking. Splendens, in fact. Wait, splendens? I decided to show them who was boss. I flared with all my might, then stopped. Later. I would interact with other fish later. Now, I must rest. I swim under a leaf, out of sight.

~~~Olive~~~
"Yeah.." I said. "Hey, can I meet up with you tomorrow? I really need to go." The crowntail looked disappointed, but nodded. "Same place, same time?" He asked.
"Yup," I smiled, then swam off. I didn't get far before noticing a big silver-and-green halfmoon under a leaf. He noticed me, then got up and flared. I sighed. No more males, please no more males! I thought. To my dismay, the big halfmoon swam over to me and spoke:
"The name's Draco," he said arrogantly.
"Hi." I said flatly. The halfmoon turned to the side, I suppose so that I could get a better view of him. Oh joy.
"Please," I said. "Leave me alone. I've got enough males chasing me" I didn't really mean it, I'd only said it because I wanted him to leave. I guess it worked, because he looked taken aback. Good. I swam off, leaving him by a pile of leaves.

~~~Draco again~~~
I watched sadly as the female swam off. Nobody liked me. Not that it mattered, I reminded myself. But really, it did. I swam slowly away, not bothering to mask my sadness.

~~~Oliver~~~
"Hi Oliver," said Jensen happily. His bubblenest was growing larger. I vaguely wondered if he would attract females with it, before asking him if he minded if I left for a little longer. He said that he didn't. I swam out from under our plant, deep in thought.

~~~Manny~~~
As I swam with Oscar, I felt worse and worse about my decision to leave Silverbeam behind. What if I'd hurt his feelings? I probably had. I could see it in his eyes as I swam away. I decided to go look for him and apologize, tell him that I'll join is group. I voiced my thoughts to Oscar, and he agreed. So we swam back in the opposite direction, hoping to run into him again.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #95 
Saphira101

Hey guys, I've decided to revoke my five-character-max rule. It seems pointless. So, feel free to now make as many characters as you want!
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #96 
jona31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhobbit View Post
~~~Basta~~
"Fiv-" i started to say, but then the female betta suddenly shouted"I HAVE A LOADED WEAPON!" I looked at her blankly. She had grabbed Neptune. This was getting depressing. That was it. She had wasted her chance to leave... I was going to finish this! "STAY BACK.. OR I'LL..I'LL KILL HIM!" she shrieks. I stepped back. " Your bluffing!" I sneered, hoping I looked more sure of that statement than I felt. She glared at me"What will it be tough guy? Your territory or your friend," she asked, sneering. I stare at her. Neptune squirms out of her grip and swims up next to me. Of course, he could have got out of that situation on his own! I think. He's not a wimp... he's Neptune." Fine," I snap. You can go in THAT corner." I gesture to the coldest, smallest part of the cave. Suddenly that punk betta that attacked us earlier darts in the cave and looks at me, shocked."I'm so sorry," he whispers, sounding like the world just ended or something. I give the cream colored female one last angry look then I dart after the silver crowntail. Neptune looks at me. What are you DOING?! he mouths at me frantically. I shrug. " What, did you think I actually learned a lesson not to mess with other fish? "I say, half smiling. Then I swim after the other crowntail and he cautiously follows, leaving the cream colored betta alone in the cave, which I have a feeling isn't a good idea.
Jeese Basta you already fought take a rest I'll meet you at the cave *I swim back to the cave as fast as possible* hey hello i know your in here female betta come out it's ok mr.angry pants is gone I float and wait
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #97 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbeam View Post
The curious female spadetail is right in front of me now, her as sparkle as she starts drowning me with a gazillion questions, "Oh my goodness it really is you! I heard your kind had mysterious healing powers! Is it true? Is your kingdom's government a democracy or a monarchy? What is your duty as a prince?" I know she knows who I am, I let out a long sigh, and continue not even trying to disguise the sadness in my , voice, "Yes, I am Prince Silverbeam the current heir to the throne because my sister is currently missing. Yes, some of us have small healing powers, though we can't bring back the dead, because if we could the queen would still be with us. Considering the power of our kingdom is in my father's, the king's, hands, that makes us a monarchy. As prince I have many duties such as; protect my people- I am head of the kingdom's guard after all, helping out the king and the princess of course, and blah blah blah." I sigh again. "Listen I should be going soon..." my voice cracks a little as I continue, "I have... Something to... Attend to..." I turn away and look around and look for the aquamarine green female I saw earlier. I didn't see her. I thought about her as I swam around, I was swimming around without a purpose, though. I wonder if I'll run into her, or this book geek again, I shrug off and just keep swimming around, and around...

Suddenly the black and navy-tipped betta is behind me. When I see him I look down guiltily and say, "Look, I know you're probably here for revenge which I deserve, so go ahead." I look back up to him as tears are starting to brim my eyes, "Just please, don't kill me. If you do, I'll never be able to protect them, I won't be able to fulfill my duty, and I'll never see my sister again." Still looking down, I close my eyes and wait for him to attack...
~~~Basta~~~
Soon I finally caught up with the silver crowntail."Look, I know you're probably here for revenge which I deserve, so go ahead." He continues to say sadly "Just please, don't kill me. If you do, I'll never be able to protect them, I won't be able to fulfill my duty, and I'll never see my sister again." I stare at him. What was I supposed to say to that? " No, I don't want revenge..." I pause awkwardly. Why did I even follow him? He seems different from when he was attacking me. He doesn't seem proud or noble anymore... just sad and...ashamed? What does he mean fullfill your duty? " So are you like a prince or something?" I ask. He nods. I'm about to argue, but he seems dead serious, and hey, now that he's not trying to kill me, he doesn't seem insane. " If you wanted to stay at that cave... I mean... you can stay... if you want..." My voice drifts off. Maybe that wasn't such a hot idea. How do I know this "prince" won't just pretend to be humbled then go back to his old self and try to kill me? I had tried this trick myself before and it was very affective... oh well. I would have to take my chances, at least I know what to expect.
~~~Oscar~~~
We dart in the opposite direction, looking for that fish. " Um... Mr. Fish? We'd be... happy to help! Where are you...?" i called. I sigh. " I think we lost him or something," I say nervously, looking at Manny, waiting for a response.

Last edited by Happyhobbit; 06-13-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #98 
Happyhobbit

*Sunlight*
I glare at Aquamarine green betta and the guppy. "Is this some kinda of everybody-feel-sorry-for-sunlight-party?!" The betta looks nervous and backs away."NO, NO ITS FINE! WE ARE HAVING A PARTY HERE!"My eye twitches. I sigh. "My names Sunlight."I know what there are thinking, this freaky betta has mood swings."There. I said it. Now leave me be!" No, I thought, please stay! I wanted company, but my brain told me it was a bad idea.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #99 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhobbit View Post
*Sunlight*
I glare at Aquamarine green betta and the guppy. "Is this some kinda of everybody-feel-sorry-for-sunlight-party?!" The betta looks nervous and backs away."NO, NO ITS FINE! WE ARE HAVING A PARTY HERE!"My eye twitches. I sigh. "My names Sunlight."I know what there are thinking, this freaky betta has mood swings."There. I said it. Now leave me be!" No, I thought, please stay! I wanted company, but my brain told me it was a bad idea.
~Solstice~

I swim away from the other bettas I saw conversing and swim around for a while, unsure of where to go. soon, I start to get hungry, and go up to the surface for air, and see if there's any food. Sadly, there's no food, but i take long breaths of air, then swim back down. down there, i see an aquamarine betta, a cream betta with yellow tips and a guppy seeming to argue. I approach them cautiously.
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #100 
Happyhobbit

*Sunlight*
I don't wait for the female betta or the guppy to respond. I dash out of the cave quickly. I ram into a beautiful silver betta with blue tips."Hey watc- whoa," I marvel for a minute then quickly snap out of it.I see that jet-black betta behind him."Hey you got some visitors in your cave. Might wanna protect it, tough guy." I snap. He glares at me for a minute then says: "I told you to stay put."I glare at him more, then i finally speak up."Well, bye. I got things to do." I blot away in no particular direction. Suddenly I ram into a rock. Hard. Everything goes black.