Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #111 
Lotte

Muse:

I watch the cream rosetail and debate within myself the proper way to greet her without appearing offensive."Is this some kind of everybody-feel-sorry-for-sunlight-party?!" she suddenly blurts. I am taken aback by her sudden outburst and I nervously back away. I stop, soon after realizing my mistake. "My names Sunlight." she said. My face lit up."There. I said it. Now leave me be!" I could see the reluctance in her eyes as she said those words. I refused to leave. I could tell that she was a good fish. I really wanted to get to know her. Suddenly, she bursted out of the cave. I hated this awkwardness--not being able to respond fast enough. I felt a pang of sadness as I watched another betta I wanted to get to know swim away. I sank to the bottom of the cave, feeling useless and misunderstood. I wonder if I'll see the blue tipped silver crowntail again...I would love to help him with his quest. I wonder if we'll cross paths again. I thought about the Waterflash Kingdom...it sounded familiar but I still was unable to recall it, nor how I knew of it.

-----After quite some time I blindly swim out of the cave, only to run into a group of other bettas.
Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #112 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Oscar~~~
" Wait!" I call. The turquiose betta knocks me over and we tumble to the water until we com to a stop. I look up and see the silver crowntail. "Oh! there you are!" I chirp." We were looking for you! We changed our minds. Would it be ok if we joined you?" Manny, who has caught up with us, mutters " As long as we're not pipsqueak and blue face..." I shrink back as I see a navy tipped crowntail go toward us.
~~~Ori~~~
The prince looks shocked and backs away from the black one a little.I continue to glare at the black crowntail and can't help noticing all his scars. Many of them have faded away, but if you look closely, you can see a few. he starts to speak. " That's not-" What?! He's denying it?! Rage fills me and I look at the prince. " Your highness, you probably don't know me but I lived in Waterflash, and I beg of you, get away from this betta! Or... or at least..." My voice trails off. The killer is now swimming up to a female and male betta and he doesn't look very thrilled.
~~~Basta~~~
I see a red male betta and a turqiouse female in a heap on the ground... coming from the direction of our cave. I sigh. Why do I even bother? I push aside the copper double tail and swim up to the 2 fish. " Did you possibly come from a cave?" I say, glaring at both of them. The red one backs away." yes...?" he says. " I had no idea it was such a popular.... destination, " I say coldly. the silver betta must know what I am thinking because he seems like he is about to stop me from hurting the little twerps. He shoves me aside and begins to speak.
~~~Mika~~~
I wander around aimlessly while snacking on a bug I have classified as some sort of water arachnid. Suddenly I see a big red crowntail fighting a yellow female crowntail. Angry, I swim up to him. " Excuse me. I do believe you are in fact hurting this fish. Despite the fact that she has indeed infultrated your territory, would it possible to... ah... let it go for now?" He doesn't look espicially pleased and I think, Oh dear...

Last edited by Happyhobbit; 06-13-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #113 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
This comment was deleted by little??
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #114 
lillyandquigly

I shiver and back away from the black betta, he glares at me angrily. All I can think of is that this might be my last moment to live. I lunge at him, taking an embaressingly small chunk out of his dorsal. He doesn't even flinch. The Veiltail stands close behind me. I'm trapped. Prepared for a large punishment from this group, maybe even death, I squat down low to the cave floor.
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #115 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
*Sunlight*
I have a strange urge to find that aguamarine fish.. I felt guilty turning down like that. I find her by the silver betta and there is now quite a crowd around him. "Uh.. um.. sorry about.. earlier... so uh what is your name?"I wait for her answer."Muse." she responds.I try to make conversation."So.. uh do you know that silver betta?" I point to the gorgeous silver one. I suddenly see Basta the jet-black betta advancing in on Oscar, and a turquoise female betta my face fills with anger for some reason I feel I owe him. (I managed to catch Basta's name in the silver betta's conversation.)I charge up to him ready to fight..
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #116 
lillyandquigly

*Milly*
The black betta knocks me to the ground, I stagger up, only to have a large chunk ripped out of my left ventral. I set myself down slowly, not wanting to be put through any poor pain, when he slashes my face with his anal fin. I cry out, but it isn't the end. He takes a huge chunk out of my dorsal. The pain overcomes me and I black out
Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #117 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
~Solstice~

I wake up alone, feeling feverish and weak. I try to swim up, but i notice nearly all of my fins and tail have been ripped off. I had to swim up for air... I only had a few minutes to get up... Can I survive? Will anyone help me? Just then, I have an idea. I don't try to swim at all and let myself go limp. I float to the surface and take a gulp of air. then putting my weight back down, I go back to the bottom of the paddy. Why me? I struggle to swim around, but only swirl around. how was I supposed to move around at ALL!?
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #118 
lillyandquigly

I wake up to see that I'm not in the cave. My only thought is,"What happened after I blacked out?"
Old 06-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #119 
Silverbeam

~~~Silverbeam~~~
Suddenly the black and navy-tipped betta is behind me. When I see him I look down guiltily and say, "Look, I know you're probably here for revenge which I deserve, so go ahead." I look back up to him as tears are starting to brim my eyes, "Just please, don't kill me. If you do, I'll never be able to protect them, I won't be able to fulfill my duty, and I'll never see my sister again." Still looking down, I close my eyes and wait for him to attack...

Why isn't he attacking? I look at him. He's just staring at me. "No, I don't want revenge..." He says slowly. He pauses, then continues, "So are you like a prince or something?" He asks me. I nod in reply. He looks like he's about to object but stops. He seems uncomfortable but still continues talking, "If you wanted to stay at that cave... I mean... you can stay... if you want..." He doesn't look very sure about it but before I can respond a cream colored females shoots out of the cave... And rams right into me. I know it was on accident so I just shake it off. Once she recovers from the little blow she says, "Hey watc- whoa." She stares i awe at me for a second then shakes her head and turns to Basta, I think I heard, who was now looking disgusted by her reaction to me. "Hey you got some visitors in your cave. Might wanna protect it, tough guy," She snaps at him. "I THOUGHT I told you to stay put!" He yells angrily. She glares at him, "Well, bye. I got things to do," she said snottily. She then, turns around and swims... Right into a big rocks and falls unconscious. I look over to Basta, who smacks his forehead, "Now, THAT is the saddest thing I've ever seen," He mutters under his breath. I snort while trying not to laugh. I know I should probably go help her but Basta wasn't budging and I figured someone would come along. Suddenly I see a familiar-looking copper double-tail, " YOUR HIGHNESS!!! YOUR HIGHNESS LOOK OUT!" " That fish is a murderer!" He shouts all the while glaring at Basta. I gasp and swim back a little. I look over at Basta who seems to have mixed reactions. First, he's confused, then he's shocked, and then he's annoyed. I eye him with suspicion but I don't think he's that concerned with me at the moment.
I look over to see a little familiar-looking red guppy leaning over the annoying cream colored female from earlier. She was freaking out and he was blushing, I'm sorta glad someone helped her though... A blue fish swims up next to the little red one. Wait he's familiar too... It's pipsqueak and blue-face! I look down guiltily for a second then back up to see pipsqueak cover his mouth and then collide with a little turquoise female, I recognize her, she was dumped here right before me... I swim down to them to see if they're both still conscious. When I get down to them, I can see that the turquoise female looks like she just saw a ghost, she's so terrified and pipsqueak looks up, "Oh, there you are! We've been looking for you!" He chirps. When I raise an eyebrow, he continues, "We changed our minds. Would it be ok if we joined you?" Then blue-face swims up next to him, "As long as we're not pipsqueak and blue-face," He mutters.

I look over to see the cream colored female and aquamarine green female from earlier talking. I can't make out much but I hear the aquamarine green female say "Muse." It must be her name... What a pretty name. I feel something stir in my chest but I don't know what it is...

Just then the copper DT from earlier rushes up to me in a mad panic, "Your highness, you probably don't know me but I lived in Waterflash, and I beg of you, get away from this betta!" He says hysterically while gesturing toward Basta. "Or... Or, at least..." His voice trails off. Basta was now coming toward us all.

Basta doesn't look very happy, he pushes the copper DT out of the way and the copper DT darts off. He seems mostly annoyed with pipsqueak. (I still didn't have the chance to ask him what his name was!) "Did you possibly come from a cave?" Basta asks him while glaring. Pipsqueak squirms uncomfortably, "Yes...?" he says nervously. "I had no idea it was such a popular... Destination," he says coldly. I knew one way or another he was gonna hurt these fish. They helping me now so I need to protect them. I shove Basta aside and say, "Hey! It's cool, they're with me." He still seems annoyed and shoots me a glare but he still backs down.

Suddenly the small turquoise female is intimidated and darts up a bites a small chunk out of Basta's dorsal fin. Something changes in Basta, I'm not sure what... While I'm thinking he's tearing her to shreds, she's unconscious before I can get him off her. I ram into him, probably harder than I should have. He seems dazed. I pick up the small female and shout, "WHY?!" at him. He snaps is head up as if waking up from a long day-dream. "Wha-?? OH! Uh-" He stammers confused. I lay the female on the river-bottom and swim up to face him, my eyes burning like fire into his. "I-I- Uhh... Ya see, it's not like that... The copper DT, and her... I-I- umm..." He stammers on. Then sighs. I wait for him to continue.

Last edited by Silverbeam; 06-14-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #120 
jona31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbeam View Post
~~~Silverbeam~~~
Suddenly the black and navy-tipped betta is behind me. When I see him I look down guiltily and say, "Look, I know you're probably here for revenge which I deserve, so go ahead." I look back up to him as tears are starting to brim my eyes, "Just please, don't kill me. If you do, I'll never be able to protect them, I won't be able to fulfill my duty, and I'll never see my sister again." Still looking down, I close my eyes and wait for him to attack...

Why isn't he attacking? I look at him. He's just staring at me. "No, I don't want revenge..." He says slowly. He pauses, then continues, "So are you like a prince or something?" He asks me. I nod in reply. He looks like he's about to object but stops. He seems uncomfortable but still continues talking, "If you wanted to stay at that cave... I mean... you can stay... if you want..." He doesn't look very sure about it but before I can respond a cream colored females shoots out of the cave... And rams right into me. I know it was on accident so I just shake it off. Once she recovers from the little blow she says, "Hey watc- whoa." She stares i awe at me for a second then shakes her head and turns to Basta, I think I heard, who was now looking disgusted by her reaction to me. "Hey you got some visitors in your cave. Might wanna protect it, tough guy," She snaps at him. "I THOUGHT I told you to stay put!" He yells angrily. She glares at him, "Well, bye. I got things to do," she said snottily. She then, turns around and swims... Right into a big rocks and falls unconscious. I look over to Basta, who smacks his forehead, "Now, THAT is the saddest thing I've ever seen," He mutters under his breath. I snort while trying not to laugh. I know I should probably go help her but Basta wasn't budging and I figured someone would come along. Suddenly I see a familiar-looking copper double-tail, " YOUR HIGHNESS!!! YOUR HIGHNESS LOOK OUT!" " That fish is a murderer!" He shouts all the while glaring at Basta. I gasp and swim back a little. I look over at Basta who seems to have mixed reactions. First, he's confused, then he's shocked, and then he's annoyed. I eye him with suspicion but I don't think he's that concerned with me at the moment.
I look over to see a little familiar-looking red guppy leaning over the annoying cream colored female from earlier. She was freaking out and he was blushing, I'm sorta glad someone helped her though... A blue fish swims up next to the little red one. Wait he's familiar too... It's pipsqueak and blue-face! I look down guiltily for a second then back up to see pipsqueak cover his mouth and then collide with a little turquoise female, I recognize her, she was dumped here right before me... I swim down to them to see if they're both still conscious. When I get down to them, I can see that the turquoise female looks like she just saw a ghost, she's so terrified and pipsqueak looks up, "Oh, there you are! We've been looking for you!" He chirps. When I raise an eyebrow, he continues, "We changed our minds. Would it be ok if we joined you?" Then blue-face swims up next to him, "As long as we're not pipsqueak and blue-face," He mutters.

I look over to see the cream colored female and aquamarine green female from earlier talking. I can't make out much but I hear the aquamarine green female say "Muse." It must be her name... What a pretty name. I feel something stir in my chest but I don't know what it is...

Just then the copper DT from earlier rushes up to me in a mad panic, "Your highness, you probably don't know me but I lived in Waterflash, and I beg of you, get away from this betta!" He says hysterically while gesturing toward Basta. "Or... Or, at least..." His voice trails off. Basta was now coming toward us all.

Basta doesn't look very happy, he pushes the copper DT out of the way and the copper DT darts off. He seems mostly annoyed with pipsqueak. (I still didn't have the chance to ask him what his name was!) "Did you possibly come from a cave?" Basta asks him while glaring. Pipsqueak squirms uncomfortably, "Yes...?" he says nervously. "I had no idea it was such a popular... Destination," he says coldly. I knew one way or another he was gonna hurt these fish. They helping me now so I need to protect them. I shove Basta aside and say, "Hey! It's cool, they're with me." He still seems annoyed and shoots me a glare but he still backs down.

Suddenly the small turquoise female is intimidated and darts up a bites a small chunk out of Basta's dorsal fin. Something changes in Basta, I'm not sure what... While I'm thinking he's tearing her to shreds, she's unconscious before I can get him off her. I ram into him, probably harder than I should have. He seems dazed. I pick up the small female and shout, "WHY?!" at him. He snaps is head up as if waking up from a long day-dream. "Wha-?? OH! Uh-" He stammers confused. I lay the female on the river-bottom and swim up to face him, my eyes burning like fire into his. "I-I- Uhh... Ya see, it's not like that... The copper DT, and her... I-I- umm..." He stammers on. Then sighs. I wait for him to continue.
I swim out from the cave after all this confusion and speak as loud as possible BASTA!!!!!!! what did you do!!!!!!!!! I quickly swim up to the diamond blue tipped betta fish and somehow take the female from his fins he tries to nip at me "calm your fins" I lay the female on the ground and float I wait for a minute then something amazing happens my fins start to glow and grow longer and longer my eyes turn a pure white and then in one big flash im in a orb of glowing light the fish all seem surprised except for the white diamond tipped one he's just smiling then I hear from Basta "thats the powers he was talking about" a ribbon of light picks up the young female and pulls her closer to me the ribbon of light begins to slowly curl her up than theres a bright flash and the females up alert and is looking even more beautiful than she did before than as the light starts to fade I black out **everything goes dark** all I can hear are the voices of all the fish ~~Basta~~ what the heck ~~ silverbeam ~~ I knew he was just like me ~~the dead female~~ what just happened ~~the dead females male~~ OMG ~~sunlight~~ **wakes up** IM ALIVE whoa what happened to him then everything goes dark. is this what death feels like?
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote