Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #151 
rubinthebetta

Milly tries to lose us, but I follow her determinedly. Then I see the blue betta flirting with her. he moves towards her after his bubblenest is complete. All of a sudden, Basta tears through like a whirlwind and smacks the blue betta aside. He then seems nervous in front of Milly. Basta? Nervous? I roll my eyes. His problem could sort itself out quickly. Meanwhile, I swim towards the male Basta had knocked away. He's unconscious, and I drag him to the cave. I grab the herbs and patch him up, leaving him on a cozy leaf. I swim out to check on Milly and Basta, making sure I take the backways...

EDIT: I forgot to say that Flamesong is a female. Silly me. :P
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #152 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
*Sunlight*
Time has passed since the fight, everyones sleeping. I hear noises but when i look, no one is there. I sleeping in a cave, and most of the betta's names i know now. Milly, Ori, Sliverbeam, Neptune.. that guppy, and others. I can't recall the last time i was with so many bettas.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #153 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhobbit View Post
*Sunlight*
Time has passed since the fight, everyones sleeping. I hear noises but when i look, no one is there. I sleeping in a cave, and most of the betta's names i know now. Milly, Ori, Sliverbeam, Neptune.. that guppy, and others. I can't recall the last time i was with so many bettas.
~Solstice~

I struggle to swim, but only swim forward in twirls and turns... Suddenly, I bump into a cream betta... I don't make eye contact and swiftly swim down, trying not to show my wounds.
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #154 
lillyandquigly

*Milly*
I look at Basta with shock, "Y-you saved me?"
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #155 
Lotte

I have problems with typing in multiple tenses haha. Sorry for the late posts!

Muse:

I blindly swam out of the cave to find a whole group of bettas surrounding the silver crowntail. Something stirred inside of me, I was so happy to see him again. I also saw the cream rosetail and unconsciously swam towards her. "Uh.. um.. sorry about.. earlier... so uh what is your name?" My eyes lit up. "Muse" I said bluntly, caught in the moment. "So.. uh do you know that silver betta?" I glanced over at him longing to be able to speak to him. However, he seemed as if he had his fins full. "Well..I-" Her attention was immediately diverted. She bolted towards another betta, looking as if she were ready to launch an attack.
----Suddenly I see a black betta ferociously attack a turquoise female. The next thing I know, shes unconscious. Anger swells up within me. I'm ready to give him an earful and maybe shred him when the silver crowntail does instead. I feel that same complicated feeling as I watch him, unable to understand it.
----Neptune then engulfs the turquoise female in a beautiful light. She emerges looking brand new..! My head aches as an overwhelming flood of memories enter it. Thats right. My life as a discarded betta is a lie. False artificial memories. I, Muse am part of the Shadow Moon Clan. I was born with an appearance entirely different from my clan, the perfect opportunity for me to complete tasks undercover. We had decided to raid the Waterflash kingdom and it was decided that I'd be part of the clean up patrol. I was released and my memories were locked away until I could find remaining Waterflash bettas to eliminate.
Suddenly, the silver crowntail, whom I knew must be the prince was unconscious and sinking. "Your highness!" I shrieked with basta and another female. We all rushed forward worried, and in that moment, nothing mattered more to me than his well being. Another betta, who seemed knowledgeable in healing him, quickly tended to him.
----Now, I knew what I had to do...kill Neptune and the Prince. I didn't want to kill Neptune...or the Prince. My chest ached badly as I glanced longingly and guiltily at him. I'd pretend I hadn't remembered. At least for now...I...just couldn't..

Last edited by Lotte; 06-14-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #156 
Silverbeam

I awake in the early dawn. And look at everyone, they're all still sleeping. I notice that a few are gone including Basta and tthe clumsy female, Milly. I'm not very concerned though. I hope they come back though. I look over everyone, they all seem to be resting peacefully except for Muse. She moving a lot and look stressed in her sleep. I watch her closely but don't disturb her quite yet. The cream-colored betta, sunlight wakes up. She swims up to me and yawns. "Hey, have you seen Milly, Basta, or Flamesong?" I ask her. "Hmm..." She looks around, "Nope." Can you go look around the outside of the cave?" I ask. She sighs, "Fine." Everyone was beginning to stir now and Muse still looked uncomfortable. I swim over to her. I nudge her a couple times. She finally opens her eyes. "Hey, you ok?" I ask her lightly. "Uh," She swallows, "Yea, fine." I could tell she was hiding something but ignore it and swim back up above everyone else. I'm about to get everyone's attention so I can ask who's coming with me on my long journey home when Sunlight darts back in the cave. "Hey, I didn't see 'em, but I think I saw some bettas coming toward the cave, they were sorta far out, so I couldn't tell, but I think it's them," She tells me. I nod, "Ok, well, if it is them, they'll be here soon. So, I'll wait 'till they get here."
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #157 
Lotte

Muse:

I have a lot of trouble getting to sleep. I'm really worried about what I should do. The Prince; Silverbeam, gently nudges me, I pretend to be asleep, but I quickly give in. "Hey, you ok?" I feel my stripes forming as I turn pale. "Uh," I swallow, "Yea, fine."I hated lying to him. I turn and watch him greet Sunlight. "Hey, I didn't see 'em, but I think I saw some bettas coming toward the cave, they were sorta far out, so I couldn't tell, but I think it's them," She says. "Ok, well, if it is them, they'll be here soon. So, I'll wait 'till they get here." Worry clouded my mind.
I hope it was them.
Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #158 
Saphira101

~~~Olive~~~
I awake peacefully to the sound of quietly talking bettas. Everyone else is awake now. I glance across the room to the yellow and white plakat, and feel a burst of guilt as I see how big the chunk I took out of his caudal was. I silently debate as to wether I should apologize, and then decide that it would probably be a good idea to do so. To make it right. I swim over to him, and he looks up at me. A can see the surprise in his eyes. He'd probably expected me to avoid him.
"Look..." I say. "I'm sorry about your caudal. I was feeling really disoriented and moody when I hurt you, and I hope that you can forgive me." He looks startled, but replies; "Don't be sorry, it was my fault. I shouldn't have tried to... erm... spawn with you. I wasn't thinking." He looks down, embarrassed.
"My name is Olive," I say.
"I'm Oliver." he says.
"Are you going to join Silverbeam's quest?" I ask.
"Yes." He says. "Are you?"
"Uh huh."
"We can tell him together, then."
"Sounds good." We swim towards Silverbeam, no longer enemies.

~~~Oliver~~~
We approach Silverbeam, and tell him directly.
"We want to join your quest."

~~~Draco~~~
I had just told Silverbeam that I wanted to join him in his quest, when two others swim towards him and ask the same thing. I swim aside politely to let them speak to him.
"We want to join your quest," they say. Silverbeam nods.
"All three of you can join. Perhaps you should make yourselves familiar with the other bettas, I need to ask that halfmoon something." We nod and swim away.

~~~Manny~~~
I had just awoken, when Siverbeam swims towards me.
"Hey..." he says awkwardly.
"Hello."
"I didn't get a chance to learn your name earlier."
"My name is Manny," I say kindly. "And I would be happy to join your quest."
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #159 
Silverbeam

After Sunlight and I talked, Draco swims up to me, "Can I join you on your quest?" He asks, I'm about to reply when two bettas swim up to me, I believe their names were Olive and Oliver, "We want to join your quest," they say straight forward. I nod and say, "All three of you can join. Perhaps you should make yourselves familiar with the other bettas," I tell them, "I need to ask that halfmoon something." I saw that "blue-face" had woken up and I still didn't have a clue what his real name was. I felt sort of weird because of the past friction between us, "Hey..."
He looks at me, "Hello."
"I didn't get a chance to learn your name earlier..."
My name is Manny, and I would be happy to join your quest," He smiles.
This makes me feel better about who is going. I look around and see Sunlight, Olive, and Oliver laughing. I see Muse all alone, she seems worried. She probably overheard Sunlight and I earlier. I smile at her and swim over. "Hey, I've bet you've heard about my "quest" and... I was wondering if you would join me?" I ask her. She swallows and looks up at me as if thinking really hard about something. "You don't have to answer right away, I'll be here, ok?" She nods. I swim back up. "Ok, everyone! I'm off to find some of our quest members. I'll be back! Until then..." I look around, "Manny is in charge!" After announcing that, I head to cave opening and swim out into the crystal water...
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #160 
rubinthebetta

After a bit, I swim back to the cave and meet Silverbeam on the way. I self-consciously ask Silverbeam if I can join the quest. I'm not sure if he remembered my asking last night.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote