Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #161 
Saphira101

"Manny is in charge!" Says Silverbeam. I look nervously around. I hope Silverbeam gets back soon, though everything seems fine. Bettas are talking, and there is no hint of aggression. It just makes me nervous to be in charge.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #162 
Silverbeam

I'm right outside the cave when Flamesong passes me. She stops and swim up to me, "Can I join you on your quest?" She asks me again. "Yeah," I nod. "Everyone's in there," I gesture toward the cave, "Manny's in charge." She nods and swims into the cave. I swim a bit further and see Basta's Silhouette. I can't really make out who's with him so I swim quickly toward him.
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #163 
rubinthebetta

I feel a ripple of joy that I can help, and head back to the cave. I see Silverbeam heading over to Basta. I just smile and swim to the others. I think we should introduce ourselves formally or something, since we'll be on a quest together, but either Silverbeam or Manny are the ones to decide that.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #164 
Saphira101

A female betta, Flamesong, I think, swims into the cave. I swim over to her, and say: "Hello, my name is Manny."
Old 06-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #165 
Silverbeam

I finally catch up to Basta and realize, Milly was with him. I raised an eyebrow at Basta and he shakes his head exhausted with Milly. Milly darts over to me and starts blabbing on about how Basta "saved" her. Though, I wasn't listening. We all headed back to the cave.

When we got back I saw that Olive and Oliver were still talking to Sunlight and Manny was talking to Flamesong. I clear my voice, "Ok! Everyone listen up! As most of you know, I'm going on a quest. If you've already asked me about accompanying me, raise a fin." Basta, Manny, Flamesong, Olive, Oliver, Oscar (pipsqueak), Neptune, and Draco all do. "Alright... I say raise a fin if would like to come too." Mika, the nerdy female and Milly raise their fins, I look over to Muse, she bites her lip then raises her's too. I smile. "Alright." "Um, Silverbeam?" Basta perks up. I look over at him, "Yeah?" "Um, why are we going on this quest?" I look down for a minute, "Well, It all started about a year ago..."
Old 06-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #166 
rubinthebetta

Manny swims over and introduces himself. "Hello, my name is Manny." He seems friendly, and I decide I like him. "Hi, I'm Flamesong." My curiosity suddenly takes over. "How did all of you get here in the first place? It's not like you're a rejected spawn." Sadness creeps into my voice as I remember the cold, vile days spent trying to survive, as one by one, my siblings perished. I shiver at the memories surrounding me like a deep fog. Only Manny's concerned voice pulls me out of the fog. I grab onto the warmth of his voice and shake the memories off. Then I hear Silverbeam and raise my fin when he asks who is coming on the quest. Manny and I swim near him and listen to his tale.

Last edited by rubinthebetta; 06-14-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #167 
Saphira101

~~~Manny~~~
Flamesong seems very nice. We speak for a bit, before Silverbeam starts talking. I would like to have Flamesong as a friend, I think. Maybe more than a friend... No. I shake the thought off, and direct my attention back to Silverbeam.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #168 
rubinthebetta

I listen to Silverbeam intently, but a part of my mind is on Manny. Maybe we could be friends? But the longing I have is for more than friendship. I feel tingly and odd. I've never felt this way since...well, ever. Our eyes meet for a second, but all to soon I need to listen to Silverbeam again.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #169 
Silverbeam

I had everyone's attention so I continue. "I was around the kingdom, making my rounds, I am head of the guard after all, and I'm checking in with gate keepers, who protect the gates to our kingdom. We were just chatting and I look up and see this giant mob of dark colored betta swimming quickly toward our kingdom. I told the gate keepers to warn all the citizens and take them to the palace. These enemies called themselves the Shadow Moon Clan. Next thing I know I'm fighting betta after betta. I somehow ended up in the study and see about 50 or more of them grouped up. My mother and sister were there. I hid behind a rock so they wouldn't see me. They had my mother, the queen, tied up. And..." My voice cracks a little and I struggle to continue, "Th-the leader takes out some sort of weapon... My mother was killed right in front of my eyes and I couldn't make a sound," I stop again and look down and shake my head. I look up and continue, "The started to drag my sister away as she screamed for my mother and then me. I couldn't just let them take her like that! So I tried to protect her but I couldn't... I failed. After they took the princess they retreated. We lost 200 guards, 2/3s of our population, and our beloved queen. Not to mention that my sister, the princess, heir to the throne, was taken away right infront of me. About three months after the attack, I was captured by humans, and then after 7 months of being trapped in a plastic cup and trying to be sold, I was dumped here, I believe we're in the same river they captured me in. I can feel it. The reason we're going on this quest is because I need to get home, to my kingdom, and I must find my sister, the princess, and return her home safely, and I must avenge my mother and get revenge on the Clan the killed her and put an end to our peace, that's why I need you, that's why we're going on this journey..."
Old 06-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #170 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Basta~~~
The female doesn't seem to be doing much interesting, and I'm about to leave when I hear a shriek. The blue male is wrapping himself around her and I smack him to the side. She stares at me. "You...you saved me?" " yeah... it was...um, the least I could do...." I stare at the ground. " I never caught your name..." "Milly," she says. "Well Milly, we should probably head back." We go back to the cave but I keep my distance. Ever thought about how awkward it is to converse with someone you almost killed? Silverbeam quickly swims up to us. He raises an eyebrow. i just shake my head. Soon we get back and he says "Ok! Everyone listen up! As most of you know, I'm going on a quest. If you've already asked me about accompanying me, raise a fin." Basta, Manny, Flamesong, Olive, Oliver, Oscar (pipsqueak), Neptune, and Draco all do. "Alright... I say raise a fin if would like to come too. I hesitate. I still have NO clue what he was talking about, and where was the proof all these fish weren't raving lunatics? I sigh, then raise my fin anyway. " Ok Silverbeam, you better tell me what this is all about." He looks suprised, like he didn't know I had no idea, then begins to speak. When he is finished, I sigh. This would be quite interesting.

~~~Ori~~~~
I sigh. I got horribly lost in a swarm of amazon swords. What in the world am I going to do? I look around. Which direction back to the cave? I see a flash of red and recognize her from our little group. Relieved, I follow her back to the cave. I need to talk to his majesty, I think. Right away. His majesty is possibly telling a story when I arrive. " Your highness!" I hiss. I need to talk to you... PRIVATELY." I stare at the black crowntail in the corner. " Your majesty, please, do us all a favor. Get rid of the black one! Don't you get it?! HE KILLED HIS OWN FAMILY! I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES! HE KILLED WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN A MATE! HE-" I realize I am yelling and say quietly., " Your highness, this is your decision, but I will be honest with you. I do not trust that fish. Not one bit."
~~~Mika~~~
I am so so so excited. I shall at last get a look at the great kingdom of Waterflash. If only I had that book to classify more of the kingdom when I get there. Suddenly a chill goes through me. I will battle... shadow moon clan warriors... I can't help it. I feel scared of this journery, suddenly. Will the sights I see be worth my life?
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote