Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #61 
Susukihotaru

Yuki:
"Yes, I feel the same. Though, I was never too aggressive in the sorority I lived in. But after being dumped out here by humans it doesn't feel right to fight each other."

Prince:
I was happy when the purple female decided to swim over to me, even though she did not look as pleased to see me as I was to see her. I put that thought behind me as I quit swimming around, making sure to keep my fins up and appealing. But as she neared me I was suddenly unsure of what to say, I tried to hide that lack of confidence and flared up a bit more. I opted to start a conversion by introducing myself. "Hello, miss, my name is Prince."
Susukihotaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #62 
Saphira101

~~~Oliver~~~
"Yeah..." I suddenly remembered Jensen, and how I had left him back at that clump of weeds. "I'm sorry, I need to leave. Would you like to meet back here tomorrow?"

~~~Olive~~~
I found this fish's politeness amusing. The way he called me 'miss' was rather cute. I allowed my expression to soften. "Nice to meet you." I said. "My name is Olive."
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #63 
Susukihotaru

Yuki:
"Okay." I wasn't too keen on being alone again, but that Oliver wanted to meet again reassured me that I would at least have a friend in this unfamiliar place. I was also getting a bit hungry, and thought it would not hurt to go look for some type of food. "So, I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye, Oliver."

Prince:
"It is nice to meet you, too, Olive." I was encouraged that she seemed a bit more friendly. "Have you lived around here long? I was actually just dumped into here recently, but so far it seems like a much better improvement than being in confinement by humans."
Old 06-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #64 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Oscar~~~
I shudder in my hiding spot. I know I can't stay under this leaf forever. My stomach growls and I wonder if I could get any food. I cautiously looked around, then snatched up some weird bug. Blech. I ate quickly, trying to ignore the sickening crunch and the grainy texture of my meal. I did feel better after eating, but then I overheard 2 other bettas talking and absolutely lost it.They looked so... scary. I was too young too die! " WAAAAAAAAAAAA! DON'T EAT ME!!!!!!!!" I screamed swimming as fast as I could away from them, until I bump into... a monster! My eyes widen in terror, until I notice it's not moving. " Oh."I say relieved. " It's just a rock." I sighed, embarassed, then looked around to see if anyone was there, even though I was pretty sure nobody was there...

Last edited by Happyhobbit; 06-09-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #65 
Saphira101

~~~Oliver~~~
I was sad to leave, but I knew that I must be there for Jensen. I arrived back at our clump of weeds, where Jensen was still building his bubblenest. It was getting rather large. "Sorry I was gone so long, Jensen."

~~~Olive~~~
"No, I haven't been here long. It's only been a day since I was dumped here, but it seems much longer. The water seems cleaner, although it is a brownish color. I don't have to depend on that wretched breeder to do my water changes, and food is always around."

~~~Manny~~~
Just before the big halfmoon tore me to shreds, a huge dark shape flew over the water, and both of us knew inside that it was a bird, and that its mind was set on eating fish. We both darted in opposite directions, I behind a clump of weeds and he behind a rock. The bird swooped over the paddy without noticing us. I sighed in relief, and turned around. I found myself looking right into the eyes of a terrified red and purple veiltail. I no longer had any desire to fight, but he didn't seem to know that. He cowered against the clump of weeds, but I wanted to show him that I meant no harm. "Hello, my name is Manny."
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #66 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Oscar~~~
Suddenly, I hear a voice say, "Hello, my name is Manny." I jump, startled." Hi, I'm- wait a minute! You want to EAT ME!!!!" I shriek. Oh no no no NO! i don't wanna die!
" I-I-I... I taste h..h..horrible! Please don't eat me!" I squeeze my eyes shut, not wanting to witness him have me as a snack. I open one eye nervously and he looks back at me. Now that I think of it, he seems friendly and I really want some company... He's not my human, but he seems nice and doesn't seem like he wants to eat me. Maybe he's vegetarian? " Hi, I'm Oscar. Did your human abandon you too?" I sigh. Even this place is a painful reminder of how I will never have my past life back with my beloved human.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #67 
Susukihotaru

Yuki:
I watched Oliver swim away, and then set out to find some food. I swam around testing different things that looked edible, though most of them did not taste that way, and I ended up spitting out most of what I found.

Prince:
"Yes, and you can swim for as long as you want without running into a glass wall." I was realized that I really enjoyed being out free, despite my earlier run in with that other betta and guppy.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #68 
Silverbeam

I'm watching the two bettas from behind the rock. The one I was just fighting is talking to a red and purple pipsqueak. My fin hurts really bad but I've dealt with worse injuries at the kingdom. It's funny, really, these petty fish don't know the wild life of the kingdom. I bet they've never seen such a glorious place, I don't care if they lived in their human's mansion, there's nothing as beautiful as my home. I shake the pain of my fin as best as I can and make my way out from behind the rock. "Hey blue-face, pipsqueak!" I shout toward them, they turn toward me and the pipsqueak cowards in terror in aww at me, while blue-face glares at me, although he doesn't flare. "I understand you're not the enemy after all, considering you haven't eaten pipsqueak yet. I'm here to ask your assistance to the Waterflash Kingdom, which I'll teach you about. You up for it blue-face? Pipsqueak?"
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #69 
Happyhobbit

~~~Oscar~~~

Suddenly a silver crowntail shouts at us.Did he just call me pipsqueak? What in the world is he talking about? Water something kingdom? Blueface and pipsqueak? I don't know what he is talking about... All I notice is how big he is... and how scary he is... I gawk at him. "I'm here to ask your assistance to the Waterflash Kingdom, which I'll teach you about. You up for it blue-face? Pipsqueak, " He says. I just noticed his teeth too... they look pretty sharp. I huddle behind Manny, hoping I'm too small to see behind him. Too late though, he sees me for sure and looks at quizzically. All I manage is " Uh... sure?"
Old 06-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #70 
jona31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhobbit View Post
The other betta rams into me again and again and again. With each time I felt weaker and weaker, and everything seemed more distant. He slams me into the riverbed, and just as I think as I'm about to black out, I snap back to reality. The halfmoon babbles threats at me as I try to collect my thoughts. I obviously can't get out of his grip, he's much too strong and I'm feeling weak but I struggle anyway. there is NO WAY I am possibly going down without a fight.Who was this loony toon anyway? who did he think he was? A prince? He snarls at me, and I catch another look of that proud, defiant, look in his eyes, even when he says"Who are you? Some kind of enemy?! Tormenting these poor fish?! I'm warning you AND your little guppy, I'll get you both!" he gives me a disgusted look and I glare at him with my eyes full of hatred. The message registers in my head. Get you both? Little guppy? Oh, great he must mean Neptune. " Leave us alone, we are not the "enemy"! We haven't been tormenting fish..." Of course thats not exactly true but this oddball doesn't need to know that! Suddenly, I hear Neptune speak up.
STTOOOPPPP!!!!!!! please we're in the same boat as you there's no point in fighting me and my friend Basta are heading to a cave where I have been since I was a fry would you like to come along we would like to assemble a team of bettas to try and adventure farther than this little rice paddy would you like to come if you do follow me if you ont just leave peacefully or I'll unleash my secret power and dont you dare underestimate MMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR ILL KILL YOU!!!!!. I quickly turn around and find Basta on the ground I scoop him up on a leaf and get ready to dart "WOW Basta is surprisingly light and i'm ten times his size" suddenly the attacker responds

Last edited by jona31; 06-11-2013 at 04:59 PM.
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote