Betta Fish Forum banner

I finally got my new betta!

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I just went to Petsmart and brought home a new crowntail male betta. He had a bubblenest going in hiis cup and was flaring a lot so I thought that was a good sign. We'll see how he does when I put him in his new home.

#4 ·
feeding

i just got a new beta yesterday (Bleeker) and he eats fine but he always seems like he is trying to find more pellets at the bottom of the tank and looks up at the top too... so i was just wondering if that means he wants fed more...if i should feed him more or what...??? i have pellet food and the pellets seem kind of small so i don't know how many to give him i was told about 6 but that doesn't seem to be enough...some help please!!!

#8 ·
congrats on the betta,:) i love crowntails and have wanted to buy one for a while now. would love to see some pics if you get the chance ;-)

#11 ·
One of my new ones is doing that. He goes after them but they keep popping out of his mouth. He's kind of small so I think the pellets are a bit big for him. I'm feeding him Nutrafin max that I got from somewhere. It's a flake food and when my fish gets a little bigger, I'll feed him the pellets. The pellets are Hikari Betta bio gold. You could try crushing up the pellets and see if he does any better with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.