Betta Fish Forum banner

Help betta trouble

928 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Meatpuppet 
#1 ·
my betta was doing great in his new 15 gallon tank. his ph is 6.5, temp is 78 and he has been fed 3 pellets each of the last two days. he kept spitting out his food but he eventually ate it. when i came home tonight he was lying on the bottom and wouldnt move. i tapped on the glass and he still wouldnt move. finally i woke him up, (i thought he was dead) he is swimming around alot (like normal) but then moving back to the gravel and lying on the bottom. he only lies there for about 30 seconds at a time, then returns to acting normal. was he sleeping?? is he tired?? someone please let me know somthing. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

#2 ·
hey there,
there is a possiblility he could be sleeping. was he in a dark room and then you turned on a light? my betta will too, take a minuite to wake up from the dark enviorment.
how is his breathing? are his gills slow and delayed?
is he bloated around the chest area?
do you know the water parameters?

#3 ·
the room was dark but his light was on. since last night he hasnt done it again that i have seen. my guess is that he was sleeping. his gills are moving fine. no bloating either. but again he is acting completely normal now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.