Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #1 
serenebeauty

Red face New girl :)

So today after my mom picked me up from a friends party, we went shopping. We were looking for grape vines ext. and we were at walmart (not my local one) and we walked past the fish section and I saw bettas on shelves with the decorations, and one of them was stacked ontop of the other. So my mom and I went back and I took the one off the top, and noticed there were fish pushed to the very back of the shelf, so I brought them forward. while rearranging the fish, I noticed there was a female as far back as the shelf could go. So I reached back and picked her up, looked at her and said "wow, she's beautiful". so my mom replied with "come on, ill get her for you, Dante can have a girlfriend" and the more I looked at her the more I fell in love. I'm glad I could save her, because she was in the dark, as far back as can be. Here is a picture of my new girl, she still needs a name, and I would like to know her coloration. Also, I do believe she is a crowntail, but I'm not completely positive, so if you could tell me, that would be great.
serenebeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Wow, she is beautiful! I would love to have a girl like that in my sorority!

I don't think she's a CT, she's certainly a raggedy EE though, most EE's I find have a HM tail though which looks like she could be.

And most EE's have a salamander color but I think she would fall under a Bi-color category if I'm not mistaken.

Hey and uh....if it happens that she's missing tomorrow...no need to look in Rhode Island! lmao
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #3 
serenebeauty

Okay, what does EE stand for?
Old 05-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #4 
Sugarbeet

Ooh, she's gorgeous! I'll bet she'll be even prettier once she's settled in with you.

EE: elephant ear?
Sugarbeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yes, Elephant ear :D sometimes they are referred to as Dumbo's or Big Ear because of their large Pectoral fins :)
Old 05-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #6 
serenebeauty

Thanks! any name suggestions?
Old 05-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #7 
serenebeauty

I think from being in the back where its dark and colder, she was more stressed, and you could tell she had been there for a while because her water was pretty bad. I think she may have been biting her fins? They also have greyish speckles, and im wondering if its fin rot. I'm hoping its not.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #8 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

She doesn't look like she was biting them and no, fin rot would be black edging not grey spots. That's probably her "wild" markings that will turn darker once she colors up, many Betta's have them in their fins.

As for names, I'll just throw out a bunch; Frost, Emma, Snowbird, Bluebird, Ice, Snow, Snow bell, Winter, Winter flower, Blue, Tundra, Crystal, Eira, Polaris, and Echo are all I've come up with. I really like either Snowbird, Snow-bell or Winter flower though :)
Old 05-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #9 
serenebeauty

Thanks :) I also bought some sea monkeys today to try and feed them.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #10 
serenebeauty