Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #1 
nav2008

my breeding post (keeping everyone updated)

i was asked in a previous post to update on how my breeding was going so im gonna make a journal type thing and try to update regularly.

Male- dr ct, about 5months old monster/marble http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0/HPIM0391.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0/HPIM0400.jpg
**he is not flaring in either of these pics, when he flares he is nearly a half-sun

Female- dr ct, marble she is clear with red and clear fins. she is either the same size or SLIGHTLY larger than the male but hardly. i will get some pics of her soon

they are in the breeding tank but seperated right now, male got his styrofoam cup today they are in a 10 gallon tank about 5 inches full and she is in a clear container about 1/2 gal that is hanging from the top, he pretty much ignores her but i think he is starting a new bubblenest.... i destroyed his with the water change today.

in a couple days im putting them together so wish me luck :)

also if i have any extra fry after i distribute to the people who have already claimed some and i have taken my few out, i may be willing to give the rest away if you pay for the shipping, it will be winter so they MUST be overnighted... if you are interested just send a pm my way and i will let you know if i have any extras when the time comes.
nav2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #2 
Haeclark

even threw the blur [lD] you can still tel he is a very beautiful Beta! Good luck with their kids and the whole experience. :D
Haeclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thanks for the update and good luck with the breeding. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:28 PM   #4 
nav2008

lol well this is a quick update, i got nothin to do for a few min so i thought id check in. female is doing the nose down swim and the male is building a bubblenest attached to the outside of the styrofoam cup (isint it supposed to be inside?) hes been using it as a hiding cave... apparently hiding from me cause everything else lookes in from the side not the top.
i will let you know when i put them together.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Would the styrofoam cup work better if you would have let him start his nest first, then put the cup over it to give him the hint that thats what its for? Just an idea.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #6 
nav2008

he has a nest going again (destroyed the last one) on the wall of the aquarium, i think if i moved the cup it would be destroyed. hes finally taken an interest int he girl so i hope to put them together tonight.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Great !:) You'll have fry by the end of the week, I bet.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:06 PM   #8 
nav2008

hope so :) keep your fingers crossed, still gotta get pics of the girl.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #9 
s72450

Keep us updated. I'm going to try and breed a pair of mine very soon and would like to see how yours goes.
s72450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #10 
nav2008

just released female, some chasing and flaring but no all out fighting/nipping she discovered if she sits really still near the wall on the bottom he leaves her alone.