Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #1 
Jayloo

Light Red BF HM Male x Red Cambodian Female

Spawn Date: 3-25-13 between 12am-5am. Hatch Date: 3-26-13 at about 12pm. Will provide pictures below. Female (mother) picture will be delayed due to being damaged in spawning process. She is currently in a heated half gallon with AQ salt with daily water changes and being fed frozen bloodworms and glassworms. Male is currently tending to his nest an fry which are darting up and down. Very small spawn- probably around 30. I'm very proud of this pair due to them spawning so quickly and behaving so well. They were both virgins. Will update again when fry begin to free swim and father is removed. At that time they will be fed their first helping of banana or walter worms. :)
Jayloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #2 
Jayloo

Daddy
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #3 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Can't wait to watch this! Looks like you will get some very nice fish.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #4 
Jayloo

Thanks Matt. It's a very small spawn but I already have the female reconditioning and I pulled the male this morning since some of the fry began to free-swim. So I plan on breeding the pair again. Maybe in 3 weeks?!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #5 
Jayloo

Update:3-27-13 Fry begin to free swim. Banana worms harvested and fed. :) Will get pics when I move them from the plastic container to the glass aquarium. :)
Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #6 
Jayloo

You can see some babies in this pic swimming across the surface. :)
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #7 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Very nice!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:08 AM   #8 
Jayloo

Today was vinegar eels this AM. Then walter worms in the afternoon. And vinegar eels again before bed. I've added a gallon of water every day since hatch. The container they are in is almost being surpassed by water so I am thinking about releasing them into the glass tank either tomorrow or the next day. I can't really clean their small little breeding container so I will be excited to do a siphoning of the bottom of the tank. MORE & MORE fry keep appearing. I don't know where they are coming from but they were NOT in the nest haha. Just wanted to leave an update!! :)
Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #9 
Alcemistnv

Subscribing :D

And yay, babies!
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #10 
Jayloo

Just moved them from the small breeding container into the open space if the 35 gallon. It is half full at the moment but will be filling due to water changes in the next few days. Basically just dumped them and left the house cause I have to go to work but we will see how well they are acclimating when I get home. Fed vinegar eels and banana worms today. Will feed some Walter worms when I get home from work. Tomorrow I'm going to introduce some micro worms. Then after 1 week I will start some BBS. Just wanted to update. Hopefully more pictures if the babies tonight. :)