Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #21 
Fenghuang

Now, I have to figure out how to ship him... Without my parents finding out. He's technically an "illegal" trespasser right now. Or at least in my parents' eyes. xD Shhh, he doesn't exist.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #22 
Fenghuang

Your poor boy, tilli...

Old 05-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #23 
Deanna01

Feng, is there a little fish shop near you? They would probably know more about how to ship him than other places and might have the equipment to help you safely do so.
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #24 
Fenghuang

Unfortunately not. Everything's on the highway and even though they are fairly close by car, they are too dangerous to walk to.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #25 
Fenghuang

Don't worry. It might take a little bit of innovation and planning, but I'll figure something out and get him home safe.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #26 
Deanna01

Feng, I know this may be hard to hear, and I don't know your parents, etc. However...I think you need to let them know about the situation. I unfortunately do not see any way of you being able to ship the betta without a) doing so through a little fish shop or trans-shipper who can handle the mailing or b) meeting up with a stranger.

I know we have a wonderful community here, Feng, but as a parent with a teenager, and as someone who grew up online, I can tell you that I would never, under any circumstances, want either of my children meeting up with someone they only knew from the internet, no matter how wonderful and well mannered and sweet that stranger seemed online. And as a mom, I worry about you, too, even if I don't know you. You seem a sweet and wonderful person, and I want you to keep safe practices.

I would hope--though of course I can't know--that if you told your parents this whole story, they would understand and help you find a way to ship the betta safely.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #27 
Fenghuang

Thank you, Deanna. I am not upset by your words and I think it is very kind of you for worrying. However, I am probably not nearly as young as you think. I turn 19 in roughly five months and will be moving away in three. It is just for that, currently, I live under my parents' roof and they do not like the idea of all the pets I have already. They feel like I will end up leaving all my animals with them to take care of, which will not be the case. I just rather not confront the issue for the time being and have a little thing get blown out of proportional.

Yes, I am a bit of a bleeding heart for animals in need, but I am still a very cautious and reserved person. Trust me, you will not catch me meeting up with a stranger. I am researching the proper methods to ship this guy and will enlist my friends if I have to. The post office is actually right next to my school (I just never realized until recently).

Last edited by Fenghuang; 05-26-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #28 
Deanna01

Oh, Feng, I'm glad. Do forgive my fretting! I could tell you seemed very mature, but even younger teens can be sometimes. It's incredibly kind of you to rescue the little guy and help Tilli get her dream betta. :)
Old 05-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #29 
Fenghuang

I really am incredibly touched by your concern. It probably seems a little ridiculous that I have to go around sneaking pets. If only I went and got my driver's license two years ago, like I should have. xD
Old 05-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #30 
registereduser

Still, your parents shouldn't mind since this guy isn't staying.

It's so cool of you to do this both for the fish and for tilli!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote