Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #21 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Oh my gosh that's adorable!
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #22 
Adnamac

Currently I only have a cat, and she doesn't seem to care much about my bettas.

Except for Leroy's tank. His tank is on a lower shelf, and it's a 3 gallon Tetra cube. It has a square hole cut open in the back where you can hang the filter down if you choose to use it.

Babycat (yes, how creative! Her name is Babycat. xD) seems to think it's a personal watering hole. With flavored water to boot!
Adnamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #23 
LizbethDawn

I have two cats. I'm not sure the old lay knows they exist but the little guy gets in the clothes hamper and puts his paws on the edge of the stand and watches them but that's bout it.
LizbethDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #24 
BettaLover1313

I have a cat and a dog. My cat, Renji, is interested in the tank, and I know he tried to get the lid off once, but otherwise, he doesn't really take much notice in Merlin. My dog, Lucky, is only interested when I'm cleaning out the entire tank, otherwise he's oblivious to Merlin (really he's still oblivious even when I'm cleaning Merlin's tank, since Merlin is still on my dresser and no where near his level.)
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #25 
Canis

Both of my cats are terrified of water, so if I get them anywhere near a tank, they spaz out and shred me with their claws. The prefer to watch my rat instead.
Canis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #26 
jadaBlu

Diva noticed the 2 bettas last night. Previously the best purpose for thier tanks was to lay on them for warmth or walk down the row to get to her favorite resting spot. I am not encouraging her interest in either though. She weighs maybe 4-5 lbs and the tops are thick plexiglass.

jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #27 
OrangeAugust

When my cat notices my bettas moving around in the tank, he slaps the glass and makes this little bark sound. haha
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #28 
lissienen

My cats love nothing more than to sit and stare at my bettas - and the smaller of the two has been caught sitting on the hood of the tank, trying to get it open so she could get in and commit fishy murder on my little girls and guys. When I do water changes I have to keep an eye out because once she hopped up and had her paw in there, trying to get poor little Gold Dust out.
lissienen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #29 
BettaLover1313

A couple days ago, my new betta, Dragoon, spotted my dog standing next to me, and he swam over and stared at the dog. He seemed to just be curious since he didn't flare or anything, then he went back to staring at me.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #30 
sainthogan

Well, I don't have any other pets right now other than fish, but my cousin's cats try to invite themselves over now and then. Her male cat tries to jump up to where the tanks are to get a better look, and the female doesn't really have much interest in them I'm assuming because they can't pet her. She really is an attention hog and demands to be petted whenever she sees someone. Although, if she really got up there by the tanks, she might change her mind and try to eat them.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote