Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #21 
Skyewillow

"flare.... chop'' lol

grr, I vicious nomz!!

Alois is beautiful, despite his fit rot!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #22 
xShainax

Alois is giving me the "I will kill you." Look right now.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #23 
Skyewillow

lol!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #24 
soundwave

I got Merle in bad shape. His little cup had algae in it and his fins were ragged. The first 3 pics are his 2nd day at home, the second is a week and a half later. His fins are patching up but I don't think he'll ever be stunning. He has a funny personality though.
Attached Images

soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #25 
AyalaCookiejar

I think he is most definitely stunning! Wow!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #26 
Kithy

Alacrity used to be beautiful. VT, yes. But amazing colors. I LOVED them so much.

When his snail friend mysteriously died he decided to destroy his fins. Fine, I thought. They'll grow back. Did the AQ salt, kept up on water changes. Tail grew back. And out of nowhere he destroys it again.

He is refusing to let his tail grow back :< He looks silly without it but if he wants it to stay short who am I to tell him he can't. So I submit his current style for all to see. He's seems quite proud of himself so I shall be too.

You can see in my display picture how his tail used to look with the pretty purple :Q I miss it.
Kithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #27 
Fenghuang

This is Scar (Pandoras insisted on this name; it's short for "Scarface").

What's his story? To be honest, I do not really know. He has always been like this, and with only one eye, a crooked topline, and a number of other physical imperfections, his chances of survival were slim. But he has survived. Over two months of living in a dingy cold Petsmart betta cup of his own waste, surrounded by many more striking beauties. Always passed over, forever unwanted. Every single visit, I looked at him sadly and turned away. He was expensive and I had nowhere to put him. His dragon scale betta label with its unwavering $9.99 price tag was practically a death sentence.

Last month, when I finally had the space to get him, I could not find him. I figured he was gone. It was probably it was better that way. It meant his suffering was over and he would no longer have to wait for a person that would never come. Then, two days ago, my grandparents went to Walmart and I tagged along to get some supplies for a class project. I inevitably ended up at Petsmart and I found him again, perched all the way in the back of the betta display. I hesitated and turned away one last time. But I could not stop thinking about him. So, today, I went back and brought him home with me. I don't really care if other people, like my family most likely would, think I am wasting my time and money. He deserves to live.

Last edited by Fenghuang; 05-26-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #28 
Kithy

Oh, Fenghuang! That's amazing that you could get him finally. It's ridiculous that they don't even try to take care of them at the store.

What a lucky little guy.
Kithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #29 
Fenghuang

Thank you, Kithy. I hope I'm not too late. He seems active, for such a beat up fish, but I still worry... The water parameters of his cup was actually a lot better than I expected. There was 0.25 ppm ammonia, but nitrite and nitrate were both 0. The gunk on the bottom of his cup has been there forever though.

My parents are going to be pissed, even though they don't really have a reason to since I spend my own money, do my own maintience, and will be taking them with me to Georgia in August. Ah, well. He's worth it. Or I could divide the large Kritter Keeper I got him today, break down Fang's tank, and keep them together once I know he's okay, and they won't care. It is more the number of tanks in my bedroom than number of fish that bother them.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #30 
justmel

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and scar. I think he will be quite a looker when he heals up & he does totally deserve to live and be loved.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote