Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Post What's Going On:

So, some of you know some of what has happened and in case you did not know here is the shortest version possible: Moved from town, stranded by BF, gave away everything, moved back, told to leave, gave away everything again, lived with brother, still living with brother....

Now that you are hastily caught up here is what has happened recently (perhaps with pictures)...

Found a place. To own. Not rent. Trailer, far side of town. Which means I will need my driver's ASAP and a car! We are moving there probably July.

On top of that, I am getting a dog. Her body shape says labrador I think.... But her coloring and some aspects of her say rotti. So, all in all, she is an adorable sweetheart mutt. The best kind! She is 2 years old, not sure if she is spayed or not but we will be living a block and a half away from the vet clinic AND a block away from the groomers!!

On top of THAT... Recently found out that I am going to have a kid. Not sure how to break it to the family... I mean... They may be upset because they don't know the fella well (other than Jason, my brother who knows him well)...

Just for the sake of avoiding it... If you are going to tell me I'll give up the dog because when I have the baby there is no "time" then you do not know me very well. I wanted a dog, firstly, and since finding out the dog is a companion for me when no one is home... Which will make me feel safer overall, since he (Scott) works opposite shifts as me. On top of that she will be motivation for when my body lacks the motivation, which will be good for me (and baby?). Pets are family, not toss away. Already regreted giving away my fella before, and had my pup die on me. Not letting that happen again!

So my plan for July/August: To be moved, to make a doctor's appointment in Red Deer (doctors here suck), and to hopefully have my girl spayed if she isn't, or at least updated on shots.
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Congratulations, Sena :D.

That dog looks and sounds awesome and I'm sure you will have no trouble with her. How's Jim?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #3 
Sena Hansler

Jim has parasites thanks to my niece not being able to keep her grubby hands off his tank!! She was tapping the glass, and stressed him out. The natural parastes they carry are taking over. Luckily Jason's GF was a vet and knows an exotic vet so, I learned some nice natural remedies to help. Otherwise he is doing fine! Also found out I AM allowed to handle him, but should take caution when cleaning

Any name suggestions for the dog? She's trained on and off leash, gentle to all kids, quiet and energetic. The exact definition of a dog I want!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #4 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Wow Sena, that's some crazy life changes coming up soon. Congrats. on all counts
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #5 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Glad he is doing alright, sounds like you found a good vet. Don't ask me for names, I am very bad at naming things... One of my twelve bettas was named by me. Lol.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #6 
logisticsguy

Wow! Congrats Sena! That is a lot going on girl. I am so happy for you. Thanks for catching us up that is a lot of news and all fantastic other than Jim. The pooch looks lab/rotti cross and looks like such a sweet heart. The family may be shocked at first but they will get over that quickly enough. Maybe the most news Ive ever seen in one post lol and it made my day.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

thanks guys. I'm also worried because it's someone's who... Now works in the same store. So we have to play it cautiously. Other than that, it's fine by me lol.

The dog reminds me of my dad's dog - who is also awesome with newborns xD. I just hae to make sure my girl is spayed and up to date on all shots. I ffured she was a cross - not quite the build of a german or american rotti.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #8 
Sena Hansler

Because the gent works now and then out passed Camrose, he'll swing by so we can meet her. Then when we have moved and settled in, she can come with us! Tempted to ask Amanda (we're taking over her mortgage) if we can fence the front yard as well, making it a larger area... The fence currently is just a small kneehigh picket fence.

At our place we will be allowed to remove the "covered porch" of the second door, since it looks unsafe and old... I was thinking of connecting the front door's covered patio to that door as a full deck style... However then I'd like to still have the space for the dog to roam (hence fencing the front).

The trailer looks so small on the ouside... But it's a single wide and it is longer! I used to live in one that was shorter but slightly wider (1.5 wide?). It has the addition too which makes a difference. Oh, and just 'cause... The master bedroom closet is an entire wall xD

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 05-27-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #9 
justmel

Sounds like things are looking up for you & you have a lot to be happy for & celebrate! Congrats on all the new additions to the family & the new home!
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #10 
Sena Hansler

Thanks!!

I will say it is rather uncomfortable. The cramps I know are normal... So I've heard... But darn they are annoying more than anything!! I was a tad nauseous... But that's over now. No "morning sickness"... yet... and I will be looking into medication to lessen the morning sickness if and when it comes so I can make it through work! My friend had it throughout her entire pregnancy... And the way she was treated here at work? Ugh... I'm only staying because the maternity leave is paid for. After it is over and done with I am getting a job elsewhere. Preferably at the pet store with my expertise ;p Or pick up a hobby as a job... Idk. Anywhere but here.