Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #91 
Sena Hansler

So the prenatal vitamins that were reviewed least likely to make you feel nauseous or sick... Make me feel sick. -.- I'll be seeing if it works better at night... If not I'm not taking them!! So yesterday I ended up taking flinstones again lol. And felt fine!

Good news... July 15 we move. They found a place and are moved by the 11th or 12th.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #92 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

That's good, Sena!

And for Jim, I honestly don't know what substrate you could use. I know one with brown repti-carpet and it doesn't look too bad.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #93 
Sena Hansler

I hate repti carpet... More work than it is worth. X.x lol
Old 06-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #94 
Agent13
Reference Team

Yea I don't know how people keep up with repticarpet. You'd have to have several and throw one in the wash everyday! You don't need that kind of extra stress. Sand isn't the cause for parasites..it's the impaction and death, RI and well you know all the other stuff. Go with tile. If you ook closely enough at that picture I sent you you'll see it doesn't look like tile it looks like a baked rock and natural. Truth is thats what they live on ...baked earth. They avoid sand as much as they can in nature. The desert area of australia they are from isn't like the beach like sand some think when they hear "desert" it's hard baked earth. Have you tried a baby blanket(don't laugh hahah) ? they love to bury themselves in sof blankets when they're tired or into pillows and other cozy tight spots. Give that a try along with tile. You can get it cut to fit for free usually and it's sooo cheap. Then all clean up is will be a spray and wipe...takes 2 seconds.

Also honestly he is old enough to have a playsand dig bin outside of his viv. Not for him to live on but 20 30mn play time wouldn't hurt. Alfafa pellets are a bit safer but ehh he will be ok with the play sand. Just make your own dig bin out of whatever you have around the house and give him his digging time if he seems to really need it.

Last edited by Agent13; 06-17-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #95 
Sena Hansler

I just prefer natural looks. I like the slate I have - I'll see what "tile" I can find like it -.- he hates being under stuff liketowels or blankets o_O I wouldn't mind having a removable bin in his terrarium with sand (just emptied however many times as needed a week). Before I use sand for anything I rinse it and eove sticks and random things lol. Sand also never hurt his belly... His belly is all scratched up! It's irritating... He won't walk on the bare bottom (no grip? Cold? Reflection?) as it is so he chills either on a rock or the wood and fake plants (culprits) on the cool side.

I also removed the heat pad I had, since it is too warm for it now. When I get his tank made up when we move... I think I have a plan for all he wants/needs that'll work safely.

I could have made a small super shallow "pond" in there (I wish!!) but I know scale rot would occur... Nice that the fountail works however!!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #96 
Agent13
Reference Team

Shop Floor Tile at Lowes.com

This is the section I bought mine from but can't remember which one it was. See..they do have very natural ones and they will sell them seperately and trim them a bit so you can get an exact fit. And other similar stores will do and offer the same. Measure the inside of the tank and then go from there. You will love the results!
You seem very determined about the sand in his viv... it's your life and your beardie so I'm not gonna try to tell you anymore what to do. If you do ut a dig bin in there. Toss the whole contents if he poops in it (well that's also up to you) but it is only that I'm am offering you the best advice based on his health. I'm not your sister in law so donn't get upset with me. I know you love you beardie. Just take what you want to from the advice I am offering you and enjoy!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #97 
Sena Hansler

^^^ I mentioned a removable dig bin for him... Pooped in or not it would be tossed weekly (unless pooped in the day of lol). I probably won't have time to set up an external dig bin all the time, when the baby comes. So having it always accessible but "allowed by critic's prying eyes" deal...

We don't have Lowes but we have Peavey, Rona (was Totem), and some other place.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:43 AM   #98 
Senshine

Here is a photo of the tile I used for my Dragon:

It's a porcelain tile with a natural textured glaze on it. I got the biggest tiles that were at the store which I believe were 24"sq. I wanted to get the biggest ones to have the least seams. I believe I got them at Rona but it was quite a few years ago.
Senshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #99 
Agent13
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshine View Post
Here is a photo of the tile I used for my Dragon:

It's a porcelain tile with a natural textured glaze on it. I got the biggest tiles that were at the store which I believe were 24"sq. I wanted to get the biggest ones to have the least seams. I believe I got them at Rona but it was quite a few years ago.
Looks fantastic!

Last edited by Agent13; 06-20-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #100 
Agent13
Reference Team

had to edit.. answered to quickly.. oops

Last edited by Agent13; 06-20-2013 at 01:57 PM.