Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #121 
logisticsguy

Oh for sure. Phantom is doing pretty good but as soon as you can take him it would be great. Also was scared to tell you that war broke out in the un photogenic sorority when I was at work. Peaches got into it with Emma and the purple half giant Patty and huge VT Cindy Hindenburg. Peaches and patty both died from injuries a day later. Emma and Cindy are recovering. I have some of your spawn girls doing well though.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #122 
Sena Hansler

Ouch! That sucks... Too bad you lost Peaches and Emma :( Peaches... Sounds just like her. She never backed down from a fight - even if it meant death!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #123 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I'm sorry, CJ and Sena. Sounds like peaches had a bit of an attitude problem XD.

I've had a couple mini fights in my sorority and I lost a girl from a resulting infection on her gills that appeared overnight and I just removed another girl because she was picked on and stressed too much, so I know how it is. To me sororities are worth the risk though. Usually problems don't arise if its well planned out but this just goes to show how unpredictable they are.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #124 
logisticsguy

Peaches was one tough girl. I had her in a 1g for a few days to cool off then put her back in. It seemed ok but bam. I don't think she was sorority material really. Some girls just don't play well with others. Ive been lucky to have mostly peace in my sororities but should have kept her separated from the others.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #125 
Sena Hansler

Yeah when I had your two girls in with my sorority, Janey did a "rawr this is me!" Then mainly hung with Emma. Peaches stalked them she was always mean... To my boys and to the girls!! I also had the two PK sisters and the other PK not allowed in the tank for severe aggressiveness...

Also, I've decided that I'd like to build reptile cages. After I make Jim's (redesigned and is a tad smaller... Now 160 gallons not 190) and while I can still do stuff, I want to make a few terrariums :p terrariums are so expensive... Mine will cover the cost of making it, plus extra to me of course! And they'll be labelled for the right animals..... None of this "20 gallon tank for an adult beardie" which I HAVE SEEN!! -.- we used Jim as an example for why beardies should not be in that size of tank... He didn't even fit lol. And we got a stink eye too... Lol.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #126 
Sena Hansler

Dubby (Scott's cat) got out. The first time was no one's fault, and the other cat (brother's) got out and sneak attacked Dub...

This time, my niece used the washroom (where we keep Dub) when he was in there which we told her to ONLY USE IT when the cat is NOT in there! She wakes her brother up who didn't understand what she was saying because he was between PO'd and waking up, I go downstairs and she does not tell me she could not get the door to close... 20 minutes later my nephew comes up to tell us he is out because she was too darn guilty to tell us herself. Cats got into a fight. Again. Dub can't do this anymore - he is 19, and lost a lot of weight after moving so his muscle mass is low.

Don't think she has ever seen me this angry. 20 minutes!! She cpuld have told someone but no. Risks the well being of both animals. And as we told her... Dub could have been killed. Dub could still have to be put down - between his arthritis and old age, he might have to be if he ends up going downhill.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #127 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, I'm sorry about the cats! I hope Dubs is ok.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #128 
logisticsguy

Any cat that lives to 19 years is one tough feline. I think there may well be a good market for custom reptile cages. yours is looking terrific. Im so proud that my unbelievably, almost embarrassingly fat VT girl Cindy is down to a normal size. The tank has a real flow in it so fish cant just sit there and not swim. All the exercise has paid off and shows that even fish need some muscles working to stay healthy. Syriiven, Matt and bb123 all saw how enormous Cindy was at one time and all said *WOW*.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #129 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Drained the blimp? ;)
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #130 
Sena Hansler

Yup this ol' cat won't give up lol. He'll have to tolerate a dog... But will rule supreme in the house unfortunately a few days ago though draining the gunk from the "cyst" on his face, it came back. Not as big... But it did! ><

Pics of the "tank"' is not mine but generally what I will make.

Lol make your fish work those muscles LG!!