Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #161 
Sena Hansler

Went to the second hand store. That 2.5 gallon is still there... BUT... There was a 20 gallon long for 10.00. Then as I was carrying it to the front one of the employees was putting out a 15 gallon long!! So, now my nephew has a shorter tank to care for (I get my 30 back) which is easier on him, and I get a 20 gallon long as well :D now I have a 2.5 tank, a 1.5 bowl (his fish is housed in it temporarily so I can rearrange tanks and stuff), and a 20 long and my 30 regular.

Now I have to decide what I want to do with said tanks....
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #162 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Nice. Free and cheap tanks are the best lol!

Btw I went to aquarium central. I posted about it in my journal.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #163 
Sena Hansler

Remember I went there like... Last year... If I were able to constantly go back to Edmonton, the review might have changed. Well... Not for West Ed's PJ's Pets that review stayed pretty much the same if not worse... there's little chance of me goig to Edmonton anymore anyways. Even if I drove I wouldn't drive Edmonton. Especially the area Aquarium Central is.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #164 
Sena Hansler

Moving day... His mom is a right out B---- >:( already know her and I WONT get along. It's always her comparing me to her and how she's der and more frail and does three times as much as I do... Then me trying to explain something she tells me to be quiet? It's annoying and ridiculous!!

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 07-14-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #165 
Sena Hansler

So now that we have internet I can do a better update...

Finished moving in on Monday. Sort of. Not very much has made it's way to where they belong. Our "dining room" is the "storage room" currently. I rearranged the living room the day after we moved as how his mother placed everything did not make sense and made everything closed in. I hate that! So now it's spacious, and there's a "flow" from where you walk from the dining room to the living room which makes more sense.

Still have my nephew's crowntail and my HMPK in the 15 gallon tank.

And for those who almost began a rant about what I just said, I wrote it that way on purpose. They're obviously divided.

Anyways, unable to get the dog right away again... But that is okay, since now.... We have to put down his cat Dub, for sure. This was the last move for him as we promised... But not in the way we promised. He was fine for two days then plummeted into an irreversible decline. No weight, nothing to him... For those who do not know, black tarry diarrhea is actually blood caused from internal bleeding or failing organs. That was the final sign of "no return" for this 19 year old kitty... He stopped drinking water, stopped eating... Refused his favorite "steals" (he was such a food thief), refused tuna, wet food, different flavored dry foods... His eyes are sunken, not much light left in them either.... He lays behind the bed, or under the futon "waiting to die".

I'm sick of seeing him suffer... Never been good with seeing animals suffer and I've dealt with more than enough rescues that yes, we tried our hardest (and most did pull through). But he is too far too gone too soon. Scott's in denial, thinking he'll make an amazing recovery before tomorrow, which will be our scheduled day. Then slips back into reality of "we have to", then back to the "he'll get better".

Today I finally go for my first prenatal exam... Now that we are moved, time isn't crunched... Have not told work yet of course. Entire family knows, including my biological "mother" who as a drunkard the night before FB'd me, with how she really wanted to be apart of this in my life. Of course, I plainly put mom is grandma, no one else. Then she "gave up". If she meant it, she would PROVE IT. And I am not subjecting my child to confusion of two grandmas and one grandpa on one side of the family. Makes no sense! And not subjecting them to the cruel sarcasm, snippy, snarky attitude of a drunk. Plus the men she dates... There hasn't been a solid relationship, that I have seen. And some of these guys cannot be trusted with anyone defenseless, like a child.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #166 
Freyja
Banned

I know this is like wicked uber late but the reason for prenatals is that they contain folic acid. Folic acid helps prevents deformities in the development of the neural tube, which has already happened by the time you find out you're preggo and start your prenatal vitamins. You should take folic acid before you become pregnant.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #167 
SnowySurface

I sorry to hear about Dub. It sounds like he had a long and happy life.

~~~~~

Before I start the next part, I don't blame you for wanting to keep your "mother" away from your kid if she is that dysfunctional. If my stepdad was still alive, I wouldn't leave him alone with any of my kids either (long story as to why ). Also, if I did have to pick one mother over the other, I would go with my stepmom over my mom because of the long story behind my step-dad. So I don't even think Bio-mom has to count just because she's the one who gave birth to you.

However, you don't have to worry about a kid being confused by too many relatives. I was going to give a run down of how my "Big" family works as proof. But I think a quick run down will be short and to the point. XD

My total number of immediate relatives (dead or alive):
2 Mothers
2 Fathers (Well, one father and one "father"...but again long story...)
5 Grandmas (most people argue I only have 4 )
3 Grandpas
My total number of less immediate relatives (dead or alive):
1 Great-Grandmother
5 Uncles (Ok...I'll admit Uncle Kevin doesn't really count anymore )
5 Aunts (Most only count 1 )

Now, if I was to give birth to a baby today, his/her list for my side of the family alone would look like:
2 Grandmas
1 Grandpa
Total number of less immediate relatives (my side and alive only):
3 Great-Grandmas
1 Great-Grandpa
1 Great-Great-Grandmother
5 Great -Uncles (Ok...now Uncle Kevin really, really doesn't count anymore )
5 Great-Aunts (Most only count 1 )

Unless someone on this list is dead, I could show up on his/her door step at 2AM in the morning and get food, water, shelter, ect. If I had a kid, he/she would have more Grandparents and Great-Grandparents than usual because there are more people in my family who love me than usual. And I know the people on the second list would love and protect my child.

Again, I can understand where you are coming from because I would only introduce my dad to my kid as Grandpa. But that's due to the type of person my stepdad was in life. What my stepdad did/said in the past and what he was continuing to do/say until the day he died was bad enough for his biological daughter to skip his funeral for reasons I agree with. In fact, the only reason I went to the funeral was to support my mom. That type of person doesn't get to be a second Grandpa because he doesn't deserve it. Not because I reached my "Grandpa limit" for my side of the family.

I guess I find it odd when people react so passionately to too many grandparents since I have "too many" on both sides of my family.

Last edited by SnowySurface; 07-25-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: 1 line was still a bit harsh XD
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #168 
Sena Hansler

Freyja, I am taking the vitamins. When I remember to. >.> the last week has been hectic with the move and all.

Was supposed to have my first prenatal today but THEY screwed up and were way behind on schedule so now it's MONDAY... UGH.

Well Snowy... Basically, what I remember as a kid is answerig the door when visiting her... Some guy said he was my younger (half) brother's dad. I was so confused since he was not MY dad (I understood "dad" was not my dad like "mom" was not mom) just could not understand why HE was a different dad? Older (also half) brother, his dad is my dad's brother. She was divorcing him when she got pregnant with me (twisted...) then gave me up because she couldn't handle three kids..

So middle kid abandoned basically, dumped on relatives... Didn't bother visting or calling or anything for years then "surprise!!" Trying to win my affection with toys... Which BTW doesn't work. She also, last year decided to treat me like crap and blame me for treating HER like crap. I basically told her to F off because I was tired of "omg you're so much like me! <3" bull. I'm not her. I won't ever BE her.

Scott's side has... Three? Four? Sets of grandparents lol
Old 07-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #169 
SnowySurface

Yeah...I'm definitely more like Scott in that sense. XD

Also, despite my stepdad, my mom still did do mom things like parent-teacher confrences, attending band concerts, helping me pay for college, ect. We're just more physically distant than most mothers and daughters. She was still a mom even if she wouldn't win any mother-of-the-year trophies.

So, if I have kid(s) he/she/they would be stuck with two grandmas on my side.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #170 
Sena Hansler

Lol! Well my nana has been nana to any of her grandkids... And my grandpa, the same way... So technically there will be more "grandparents" lol.