Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #171 
SnowySurface

I think we should declare a new Grandparent minimum of 6 per child! lol
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #172 
Sena Hansler

Lol! Well, one thing is for sure... Unlike my niece, I'm going to have my kid understand and respect animals. No "bullying/torturing" the animals bull. Mind you my niece doesn't torture the animals but she sure pesters them.

Oh yeah... Told her, when she did not tell us the bathroom door was not closed when we were still in my brother's place... Meaning the cats got into yet another fight... If Dubby died it was because of her. Sad thing is his health declined half a week later too. Wondering if I should bother "assuring" her or letting her feel guilty. Even just for a little while. She's not allowed to play with my dog. Because my dog will take the fall (banned or forced euthanasia) if she decides to pester the heck out of her.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #173 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Forced euthanesia can be disgusting. I remember watching a news story where some kid started "playing" (AKA pestering) a dog, it bit him, and they ended up killing the dog under pressure from the kids parents... If you don't feel comfortable with her being around your dog, don't let her. And I know it seems a bit mean... But letting her feel guilty about the cat for a while *may* help teach her a lesson. That's important.

So are you doing alright?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #174 
Sena Hansler

Well I told her that fight could very well put him in so much stress he could die. Because we had to move soon too, too much crap at the wrong time.

I'm doing ok. Hate being tired. Upset at the fact I have to waste Monday, because 1030 is my appointment and 415 is the ultrasound and they said it was "the best they could do".

Another thing... Unlike many girlies who hate the weight gain (I didn't at first but it evens out for the most part on me so you can't really tell) is actually the "water retention". Those who don't know (or won't have it ever) it's in the thighs. Always hated mine, now I REALLY hate it -.- uncomfortable, unwanted, ugh.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #175 
Sena Hansler

So, the driftwood Jim had was scratching up his belly. It has been since removed, and has been boiled three times now.

First off, NOW I know what kind of wood it is. Malaysian. How do I know? I looked it up. Why did I look it up? Because of the odd... Pungent... Strange smell that is unexplainable... that came from boiling it. Apparently Malaysian wood can smell when boiled. GREAT. Thank god I am slow oven cooking a chicken so it counteracts the stink wood.

But, on a good note other than the never ending tannin that leeches out while it still boils... And the heavy odor... I found out Malaysian wood is pretty awesome in aquariums. Jim never poops ion his stuff, only outside the cage and in particular spots on the bottom of the cage... However that won't stop me from sanitizing it before using it!
Old 08-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #176 
Sena Hansler

I don't think I intend to have many kids. And whoever (not that I ever believed it anyways) said pregnancy was the most wonderful thing in life... I highly doubt it. Between headaches that won't go away, migraines, nagging people, stretch marks (water retention is a real b-), weight fluctuations, and poking and prodding it sucks. Outright, it sucks.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #177 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, hang in there, Sena. It won't be forever and soon you'll be holding a little bundle of joy.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #178 
Sena Hansler

A quick multi update:

"Getti" the dog is now named "Pandora" (thanks to whomever suggested that name), Pan/Panda for short
She also has a white strip on the tip of her tail! Someone must have cut her tail hairs down... Because it was not there before. Looks very odd on a tan/black dog, to have a stark white strip of fur

However Pan has also decided she wants to be grouchy with me. Between the "You didn't let me attack that dog" look, then lunging at me (no blind rage there, just a direct thought processing I saw in those eyes), to growling at me in the back yard. She aught to know I'm not afraid. She isn't a muscle dog, she's easily a push over

The kitten now eats the hard food. Her tummy has grown as well, and she has put more meat on her bones. She's also a cat from hell currently By that I mean ripping around the house, stalking, pouncing, climbing, biting, running, etc

On the note of pregnancy... I don't have the "numb/tingly hands" I have that in my heels! Tingly, painful pins and needles which apparently is normal. Just annoying. Especially since it means I get less sleep -.-;

My wrist has also been aching terribly from the old injury. -sigh-

What else... Oh! Right! A picture ;) Since I found out dear Jim's impaction issue was the collards weaving themselves together inside his digestive track, I now know that this typically used staple green is not good for MY reptile. IDK why, he just can't eat it. Which is okay... I'll just find new stuff. Now he has a ravenous appetite! Today he was grumpy with me since he did not get fed on time. Once fed he chilled right out ;)
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #179 
logisticsguy

That is a great picture of Jim. He looks happy! Glad you found the digestive issue.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #180 
Sena Hansler

Bahaha he looks happier NOW after the picture x) Him and his grumpy black beard... lol. I cannot believe a really great staple foods does not agree with him! So, squash has to be the staple.