Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #31 
logisticsguy

I have little advice on pregnancy as only a close observer lol. Tracey threw up constantly with our youngest and had to be hospitalized for a week for dehydration. That was pure hell with the other kids saying "when is Mommy coming home?" and "Your cooking sucks Dad!" 20 times a day.

If I ever caught someone doing that to my pet they better hope the cops show up to save them. It would get ugly fast.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #32 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I've heard of the dog napping and that note. Disgusting. Wtf is wrong with people!?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #33 
SnowySurface

I feel like I'm a few days too late...but Congrats!

I can't give any advice on dogs or pregnacy, but I wanted to cheer you on anyway. XD
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #34 
Sena Hansler

Lol! Well my poor friend Sammy threw up all the way through Nd had iron defficiency sending her to the hospital... I feel fine as rain. The cramping feeling lessened EXCEPT sudden movements bring it on... I can run or whatever and be fine but standing up fast ouch!! Also cannot tell work until August/September because that is my one year mark and guaranteed paid maternal leave... Otherwise they can fire me for something petty to avoid paying up...

If I caught someone doing that to a pet i'd be charged worse than they could be... Because I'd make it that way! >:( My pets are my family. And I'd side with animals before people any day!

Thanks Snowy!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #35 
Sena Hansler

I have to make it a mental note and reminder NOT to stand up too fast... It ends up hurting ;( not a bad hurt just an annoying one..
Old 05-31-2013, 10:33 PM   #36 
dramaqueen
Banned

Congrats, Sena. I hope everything works out for you. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #37 
Sena Hansler

So not only could I find prenatal vitamins but they would have costed me more than I had to spend on that and fish oil. Fish oil itself ifs expensive! So, I got flinstones vitamins (balanced diet one) and everyone kept asking "why didn't you just get the prenatal?" Because it's my choice my limited money and I don't particularily like taking pills anyways. The fish oil I got is "35% smaller than the original" which is sad since they are still big -.-;;

Scott's old man cat (19yrs) had a growth on the side of his face with someone said is an abscess... But every "cat abscess" I looked up said would rupture within days but he had it most of his life? Anyways it ruptured slightly, and has gooey blood/puss on the surface... Poor thing! No idea what it is... I said epsom salt and warm water compress until we can get him to the Tofield vet.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #38 
Skyewillow

Poor old man cat! I say you're doing the right thing, compressing, don't forget to flush it with epsom water too, just to keep it clean! I hope he feels better soon!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #39 
Sena Hansler

Brother's GF was a vet and said if it is more ruptured, she can remove it. It will be difficult, cat will be PO'd because he has to be physically restrained but overall it should be painless, might hurt for healing, but it's possible for her to get it out for us.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #40 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

That's good news I guess. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote