Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #41 
Lights106

Congratulations!!!!! I'm a single mama and love it!!! You will to! A dog is a good motivator sure!!
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #42 
Sena Hansler

Well at least I do have a spouse who does care. And knows all the good the bad and ugly as do I with him.

BTW the sweetheart dog still needs a name...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #43 
Sena Hansler

So because I had dyed my hair auburn a while back my hair stuck with the red so I thought I'd dye it to a light brown currently, since now my hair is bleachig by the sun the red is coming out redhead ORANGE. I CAN'T. Because I'm pregnant I can't do anything. Moving too soon too fast, dying my hair to get rid of this ridiculous color, and eating? If I didn't need to I wouldn't bother. I'm not sending my body into shock with money-grabbing organic foods, because EVERYTHING has artifical sweetener.

I've seen people do EVERYTHING wrong and still have a healthy kid..

On a side note I might be almost 8 weeks, not 4 weeks, along.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #44 
Skyewillow

I would go with an ammonia-free dye, to be entirely honest. As long as you're not dying it regularly, you'll be fine with just once. I did a few things before I knew I was pregnant, and Zack turned out totally normal.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #45 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I think Pandora is a cute name for your dog :D
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #46 
Sena Hansler

I dyed my hair anyways. It's Feria by L'Oreal... Lol.

Guess I could use Pandora for the dog xD there was a joke about the baby... "if it's a girl she'll be Pandora. Cuz then I can say, "open Pandora's box and all hell will break loose!" haha father's protectiveness.....

Also, because as some of you know, I've had asthma attacks... Not often, but I do. Today I've felt the "onset" of one coming on ALL DAY. And because my ("legally" aquired... ) inhaler has been lost in my many moves I HAVE NOTHING. I just roke the "no aspartame aka gum" rule with my mint gum because it was the only thing not letting me fall into a full on asthma attack. Currently steeping a few bags of peppermint tea in boiled water.... When I go see a REAL doctor (the docs here suck and that is why I had to get an inhaler not through them...) I will stress my seasonal/allergy induced asthma. Pregnancy will make it worse because of my body doing double time.

Also, we re-calculated properly... 5 weeks along ^.^

Another note, Dubby the kitty MUST go to the vet tomorrow to drain that cyst because IT WILL BURST any day now and it NEEDS to be done without hesitation or "maybe Tuesday" bull.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #47 
Sena Hansler

Last three days I have been trying to get a hold of the people with the dog... Because I had a question and was also mentioning that we are moving in July.... And could take her then.

They have not replied. I am pretty close to assuming they have decided NOT to tell me they found her a home, despite promising I could be the one to give her a home. I'm rather disappointed that I have to think that! And the fact I was looking forward to her... VERY disappointed.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #48 
SnowySurface

Were you getting the dog from a shelter, rescue, or random people. I don't know about Alberta but rescues in New York state are leery of homing animals with women who are pregnant, have an infant/baby, or very young kinds. I know some places have gotten in trouble for refusing to home their animals with women who are of child baring age. I kid you not that some of the adoption forms ask if you will have a child in 5-10 years and you may be passed over if you answer yes.

If the people found out you are pregnant they may have rehomed the dog because of that "think of the baby" or "she won't have time" mindset. Again, I know it's partially New York being New York, but a lot of people don't like mixing pets with pregnant women or infants.

Despite all that, I hope they have just been busy and didn't have time to answer your calls. *fingers crossed*
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #49 
logisticsguy

Yeah she is a real sweet looking dog. I don't blame you for being disappointed and hope they do get back to you. My daughter has asthma too and an attack can be a scary thing. Oh I had to remove your crowny with the big appetite from sorority, she was being super mean to the other girls and is one tough lil sob. She is in her own 2g today.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #50 
Sena Hansler

Well I could lie and be all "no kids" and risk having my child attacked by a badly behaved dog... Or my niece and nephew hurt too. I NEED to know if the dog(s) of choice are kid friendly. They knew I was pregnant, and were fine with it. It is a private rehome, no shelters. The shelters here have all reserve dogs, aka8 or 16+ in household only NO visiting kids. I can't risk that.

It's discriminatory to say "no" to ANYONE for any stupid reason like that. A dog, for me, is my way of escaping stress and the stupidity of life. There is NO reason for the "no time" excuse. Put the kid in a stroller, take the dog for a walk. Leave the kid with the spouse, and take the dog for a walk.

But you know what if THAT is the reason people are snubbing me well then I don't want their dog, and shouldn't bother with pets anymore ever because of a handful of ignorant people who hoard animals then rehome (or sell for profit). Ugh this is why I hate people...

Peaches, the cambo crown? Yes, she is very much a mean girl...

BTW my brother tried to pull the "need to rehome your bearded dragon". If he were anywhere near me he would have gotten the death look and threatened to an inch of his life. NO ONE tell me I don't have time for my pets. My beardie only got sick because of my niece who is not allowed to look, touch or be near him anymore... Jim shall be placed in the living room in a homemade large terrarium, and the fish will be on the counter in the kitchen (it has a ledge for "breakfast area")... Even if I got a smaller dog (most have anxiety issues..blech!) it would be wonderful and motivation.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 06-03-2013 at 12:50 PM.