Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #21 
shellieca

Hmm. His belly doesn't look swollen to me. His color looks better than yesterday's pic but I think he's still a little pale. You have a heater in there right, temp 78-80F? He's eaten so that's good. 2 pellets isn't a lot depending on what brand you're feeding. You could fast him for 24 hrs, give 1 pellet, then fast for another 24 hrs & see if that helps. you could also add pre-dissolved pure epsom salt. Other than one deco I see in the pic does he have other silk or real plants? I would give him something tall with kind of broad leaves he can rest on. I'm sure you've tested his water & all was good? The other thing you could try to see if it makes a difference in behavior is to turn off the filter for a little while. Some Bettas take longer to adjust & that could be him.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #22 
Fastcash124

Yea he's got a heater and it's raising the temp slowly. My apt gets pretty warm so I don't wanna upgrade his water heater yet because any given day his tank can raise 6 degrees. Right now he's at about 75-76, real plants, and the water was good. I just threw in a bottle of Safe Start and he really hated that but it'll hopefully help him in the long run. I wanna get more plants but the local petsmart gets plants on wednesdays and he was bought on a sunday so tomorrow i'm going to see what they have. I feed Omega One and he's pretty small so I didn't wanna over feed him. Today he looks a little more swollen than before but it could also be the first time hes eaten in a while.
Fastcash124 is offline   Reply With Quote