Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-28-2013, 01:00 AM   #1 
Trunkzdbz

My New 30 Gallon Long Tank Aquarium

I am happy to announce to all my friends and members here on this fabulous website, that I have just completed my new aquarium master piece. Its a 30 gallon long tank, I will be adding to it my 4 inch Common Pleco A.K.A Mr.Clean who I love lots, along with three female Bettas who I love lots, two African Dwarf Frogs who I love lots, two Gold Mystery Snails who I love lots and seventeen Ghost Shrimp who I love lots. I have pictures and videos on my page already uploaded please feel free to drop by my page and leave comments and any advice you like, here's the link to my Youtube video walk through of my new 30 gallon aquarium; thanks everyone and enjoy!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91-TrhQ4Nvw
Trunkzdbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Looks nice but as I always say, More Plants!!! Lol, I love my plants and your girls would certainly love some other plants too!

I suggest some Vallisneria, Amazon Swords, Water Sprite and Water Wisteria! Pretty easy plants except the swords, most swords need root tabs to fertilize their roots.

But yeah, looks good so far
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #3 
peachii

That volcano looks really, really cool in the tank.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #4 
Trunkzdbz

Thanks lots, peachii, I got it on Ebay; payed $50 for it, over priced yes, but my fishes are worth every penny, I love them lots!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #5 
Trunkzdbz

I saw Amazon Swords at Petland Discounts two days ago when I went to buy the pink gravel for my new 30 gallon aquarium. I just don't want to add more plants because the banana plants are growing unbelievably they are all the way at the top of the 30 gallon and still growing, I heard they don't grow more than 6 inchs not mine there like the Amazon rain forest version of banana plants LOL!. And also when I go to siphon the aquarium bottom weekly cleaning the gravel is going to be a nightmare if its over planted. On another not I'm happy I can put my Male Betta Red back into his five gallon and out of that tiny one gallon he was in.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #6 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yes, your male is going to be super happy with that!

Actually it's not too bad cleaning out a heavily planted tank, pretty much all my tanks are moderately-heavily planted but to each their own.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:31 AM   #7 
Trunkzdbz

I'm still nervous about siphoning out the water every two weeks and adding water directly to the tank with my fish inside. I know to let the water rest over night with the conditioner, the hardest part for me is getting the water to a perfect 80% how the heck do I do that in a bucket of water, I'm just nervous I'll be doing 25% water changes every two weeks in my 30 gallon aquarium with the fish in there and I don't wan't to hurt them or make a mistake. I shocked my first male and female betta to death during a water change months ago when I was starting my 1 gallon aquarium and have not gotten over it since, I still see my little blue Veiltail name was Bluee in my dreams and my female Sarah, God help me I don't wanna hurt any more of my fishy friends by accident.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 AM   #8 
itzBlitz

tank looks really nice, that volcano is crazy :D after you get things going post update,
really interested to see how things turn out.
itzBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #9 
Trunkzdbz

Thanks a bunch itzBlitz, to see an update video and more pics of my 30 gallon long tank aquarium just click on the aquarium tab under my name and you can see my videos and pictures,I love that volcano too had to get it cost me $50 on Ebay expensive but the effect it makes is really worth it plus it really oxygenates the water very well. I also have a Youtube page with a couple of great aquarium videos here's the hyper link. http://www.youtube.com/user/trunkzdbz Feel free to subscribe to my Youtube page as I will be adding more videos and please leave comments also, thanks a bunch.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #10 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

This is how I do my water changes:
  • Siphon out as much as the bucket can hold (I have a 3 gallon bucket)
  • Empty out the bucket into sink/shower/toilet/whatever you've got.
  • Go to sink, start the water, use a thermometer to get the water around 80 degrees.
  • Fill bucket with water, use Conditioner and you won't have to let it sit over night.
  • Pour gently into tank.

When you do clean your tank, mind you it should be every week, you need to siphon out your gravel as well. Hope this helps. There are also many videos on youtube that you can watch to learn how to do it properly and efficiently

Tags
30 gallon aquarium