Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #1 
peachii

Looking for Snails

Hi there,

I am looking for freshwater snails that are slow breeders. We have a tank that is currently an assassin snail breeder tank and I have kind of fallen in love with the little things.

I would like to have a few rabbit snails but can't find many places that sell them online in the US (or don't know where to look for them) for a reasonable price.

If you have any or know where I could look at them, I'd be greatful.

If you didn't want to sell - we could possibly work out a trade, I have a ton of plants that I have small to medium clippings to trade. Green hygro, Water wisteria, purple cabomba, duckweed, and water sprite.

Thanks!
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I got my rabbits at bobstropicalplants.com, some people have had bad luck with his plants, but my snails were perfectly fine! Of course I got the yellow mini rabbits which are only 4 dollars each, but he seemed to be the best price around. You can look around on Ebay/Amazon as well to see if there are others.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #3 
peachii

https://www.bobstropicalplants.com/shop/en/order

I saw this linked in another thread and it has a lot of snails at good prices! Just what i was looking for.

Does anyone else know of other sites comparable in the US with the rabbit snails at good prices?

I am torn as to which i Like better, The chocolate - or the mini black/yellow.
I really like them!

They breed slow so i think after maybe 8 months or so, I could possibly have a few to sell on ebay and make my boyfriend's money back for them and then get a different color to breed if it goes well.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #4 
peachii

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
I got my rabbits at bobstropicalplants.com, some people have had bad luck with his plants, but my snails were perfectly fine! Of course I got the yellow mini rabbits which are only 4 dollars each, but he seemed to be the best price around. You can look around on Ebay/Amazon as well to see if there are others.
How long have you had them and how big have they gotten? i think the mini get to be an inch to an inch and a half or so. Where as the regular get around 2 to 2 1/2 inches i think.

Do they make the glass on your tank slimy/dirty? A few people said yes but the majority says not really noticable.

Been reading about snails breeding all day. :)

Last edited by peachii; 05-28-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachii View Post
How long have you had them and how big have they gotten? i think the mini get to be an inch to an inch and a half or so. Where as the regular get around 2 to 2 1/2 inches i think.

Do they make the glass on your tank slimy/dirty? A few people said yes but the majority says not really noticable.

Been reading about snails breeding all day. :)
I accidentally killed them when I took them out of my 33 and didn't acclimate them to my 10 gallon where the pH is much lower....yeah newb move on my part, but I had them for about 6 months, no problems!

My largest one was just under an inch, they grow fairly slowly and no I never saw any residue on my glass whatsoever. They did stay on my driftwood for the most part though, but it's understandable since I had all sorts of stuff growing on it because it was new to the tank.

And yes, you are correct, Mini's generally only get to an inch, I've never seen them much bigger but I'm sure they can get to 1.5 inches whereas the regulars get to around 2-2.5.

I really wanted the orange rabbits when I first saw them and then I found out about the minis and thought they were so much cuter! lol, I still want an orange one though, when I get more money
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote