Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #1 
studioskim3

Baby Betta Belly

I had my betta "Baby" for about 9 months now... and he had fin rot here and there, but other than that he was doing perfectly fine. But now that the weather is changing, something might've happened to him. I think its gas or something but his stomach is HUGE! its like he ate a small pebble... but the thing is... you can SEE the emptiness of the stomach. His belly is stretched to the max and you can see that there is either water in his stomach, or air. Does anyone know what this may be?

I haven't checked the parameters yet, and I feed him every 2 days... my bettas started to constipated and bloated so I'm cuttin their food and feeding time. He had fin rot 3-4 months ago, but his fins are healing and growing. I just did a water change and added a lil salt. I use tap water and use "Prime" water conditioner to treat the tap water. He is in a 2.5 gallon tank. He seems happy... ?

please help me make his stomach normal again... thank you in advance for reading/ posting/ replying/ helping
studioskim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #2 
iamntbatman

Have you seen him pass waste since he started to bloat? Are his scales raised like a pinecone?
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #3 
studioskim3

no... his scales are just the same... I thought it might be dropsy... but I'm pretty sure that it isn't... b/c his scales are fine. but as for waste... I have not seen him pass waste cuz you can't tell w/ the pebbles that I have. So... no.. I don't think so... should I give him peas?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:09 AM   #4 
iamntbatman

Peas are good, but daphnia is even better. You should be able to find frozen daphnia at any pet store that sells frozen fish food (including Petsmart and Petco). Just thaw a little put in some of your tank water and feed it to the fish.
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:02 PM   #5 
studioskim3

what can I do w/ bloating? help!! my baby is lethargic... and last time my fishees were like this... they... :(... passed away!!! EEEK!!! what can I do? it might be bloat, I didn't feed anything for a week cuz I thought it might be just poop stuck in his belly. But I dunno! this energetic fellow was the highlight of my day too!! i don't want to lose him!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

If he's constipated, the frozen daphnia should help.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
belly, betta, bloating, stomach