Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #11 
peachii

To answer your original question about recommended plants for that light set up and would be pretty.

A marimo moss ball, every 2 weeks just take it out of the tank, squeeze it and roll it back into a ball.

Java Moss is little to no maint, it just grows like crazy.

Java Fern you can tie to a rock and it will grow slowly, don't bury the rhizome.

Float some water sprite, the betta will sleep/hang out on it

Water Wisteria grows fast but might be to big for that tank. Would be fin so long as you prune it.

Bettas love densely planted tanks, they hide and swim through all the spots exploring.

I'm sure there are more than this, these are just the super easy ones to take care of.

Also Indian Almond leaves are great to float in the tank, they will climb up on them and it will turn the water a tea color (if you like that).

All my bettas have a Betta Leaf suction cupped to the side of their tanks, made by Zoo Med, every single one of them loves it and uses it daily.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #12 
tlatch89

Little update, I had to throw a few of the bulbs out as they were molding up. I will be sending them back for fresh ones.

Two of the aponogeton bulbs have sprouted, one more than the other. The dwarf lilly bulb is still sitting there doing nothing, I hear they take a little longer to sprout.

Do I need to bury the bulb now, or just leave it how it is? Are those roots or leaves growing?

sprout.png
Attached Images

tlatch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #13 
feralhound

two out of 6 sprouted in my tank, as soon as they started sprouting upward like yours I buried them barely below the gravel and they took off. The leaves/plant is green, and the roots should be white and stringing (I don't know if you'll be able to see them this soon, I didn't with one of mine, but I would go ahead and bury it so you don't disrupt the root system later on).
feralhound is offline   Reply With Quote