Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #31 
Minnieservis

I am probably more excited about this sorority than I should be! You have the most gorgeous fish, I can't wait to see how this turns out!!! :)
Minnieservis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #32 
Skyewillow

This always bears repeating:
Every fish is an individual.
Example: Someone mentioned that CTs and Reds are usually the most aggressive, while I agree, USUALLY Reds and CTs are the most aggressive, my most aggressive girl was a royal blue veil (in with a crown), and my least dominant (twice so far) have been reds! I currently have two CT girls, one can't go into the sorority because she is aggressive, the other one is the most mellow female I've ever met!

Some of them will get along fine, some won't, just watch them once you start putting them together.

I wish you the best of luck that you manage to get compatible girls and I look forward to seeing it all put together! Congratz on all of the beauties!!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #33 
logisticsguy

I have about 23 girls in sorority tank 2 and its a 33g. Mostly HMs but there are 3 CTs, 2 Pks and 1 VT girl in the tank. Generally from what I can tell they act pretty much the same in the tanks for me. The only one that did not work out was a huge Giant girl who scared the other girls to death.

Those are very pretty girls catowoman just beautiful. Im at over 100 too and can relate to the amount of fishkeeping that has to get done. Sorority tanks are my favorites and girl betta just rock.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #34 
justmel

I agree with Skye. You can't judge a fish by tail type or color, just like you shouldn't judge a person by skin color or religion. I know you aren't judging yourself, just asking for others experiences & opinions. Right now I have 2 sororities going because I don't have enough plants to set up my 29 gallon properly yet.

Sorority 1: I have 1 king mutt girl, I think she is a CTPK, and an absolute sweetheart. Probably the sweetest girl in either tank. She's not the bottom of the totem, but close. On bottom is my red CT girl. She gets picked on all the time & never picks back. Mostly ignores the others. My 2 most aggressive in this tank is an orange VT and a blue/white grizzled HMPK. I think they have finally settled on the VT being the top girl.

Sorority 2: No red or CT in there. My blue/white grizzled HMPK (sister to the one in the other tank) is the boss here. I have 3 other HMPKs and 1 VT in with her.

I also have 2 ladies that won't make sorority life because they are just TO aggressive. 1 is a blue/purpleish VT and the other is a red VT.

Really, you just have to try and get them used to each other, put them together and watch. Some ladies just won't make it, but it's not because of tail type or color in my experience. Go for it and if you end up with some that don't make it in the sorority & you can't house them separately your fish are so gorgeous you'd be able to sell them to someone else on here quickly I believe. (I know I'd be interested in any you found that didn't work for you! All your bettas I've seen are simply stunning)
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #35 
peachii

I can't wait to see the pictures of this. Going to be the best sorority ever! I just posted this somewhere else on a thread but you totally need to do a thread of pictures of all your fish for us, so we can drool and pet our computer screens.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #36 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachii View Post
I can't wait to see the pictures of this. Going to be the best sorority ever! I just posted this somewhere else on a thread but you totally need to do a thread of pictures of all your fish for us, so we can drool and pet our computer screens.
+1
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #37 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachii View Post
Well, as long as there's no pressure.....lol.....I don't know about the "best sorority ever", but thanks for the vote(s) of confidence!!!!

And, I would totally give that 90 gallon away if any of you lived in the Toronto area.....and if I could get my brother to agree to it (since it's his tank....he used to have Lion Fish in it).
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #38 
Deanna01

Really splurge on plants. And the girls absolutely adore frogbit. Be sure to get a bunch of that!
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #39 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna01 View Post
Really splurge on plants. And the girls absolutely adore frogbit. Be sure to get a bunch of that!
Thanks for the tip! I'm actually really looking forward to decorating a "real" tank with substrate and live plants and some sort of ancient ruins theme, I think.....or just natural looking driftwood/rocks. lol....having trouble deciding! I've always kept my male bettas in substrate-free, lightly decorated spaces, so this sorority will be a real challenge for me!
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #40 
Deanna01

You won't believe how cute they are with the frogbit. It's like catnip for bettas. :)
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote