Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #1 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Dawn of the Dragon...Scales

^ lol if you know where I snagged my title from, I automatically love you and no it's not "Dawn of the Dead" or anything like that. And everyone should know by now that I have to tell a story before I show any pictures, but feel free to skip the story if you must.

Sooooo I recently acquired two lovely DS ladies today from my LFS! Man, those guys are evil! Always bringing in girls that I want! There was a beautiful white DS who looked like her EE's were ripped off :( And then there was a red DS with a black under color and a few others I don't remember.

But I was "window" shopping the male Betta's to see what was in new. They aren't in the best of conditions but they are better than any of the Petco's/Petsmarts so that's why I go. So I was just browsing and I stopped to look at what looked like a DSPK male at first sight. It had a blue/platinum DS'ing with brilliant red fins, something I would have found off AB or something!

So I stopped to take a look, I picked it up to find it's a girl! I gasp and inspected her, super cute short ventrals, ovipositer, short rounded fins, looks like might be an HM...no maybe a DeT, either way she was just super cute and I could tell she was stressed being between two males. I quickly took her off the shelf and went to find one of the Brother's what was in charge of the store but then something caught my eye.

I saw the little 3 gallon tank they use for their females and stopped to see they were all DS's! I had to stop and gawk at the white DS, oh I wanted her so bad but I knew I had a white/yellow DS coming in the mail soon. Then this little blue girl caught my eye, she was the smallest and looked like she had taken the most abuse.

One of the Brother's, Chuck came over to greet me, knowing me from my frequent stops. He fed them a few pellets which were too big for half of their mouths. We had a little discussion on food, he's a nice guy but I'm not sure everything is connecting upstairs. So I told him about the NLS pellets and about being smaller so he said he'd look into them. They had them on the shelf but he didn't realize the difference between that and BettaBites.

So I'm crossing my fingers that they start to feed NLS since I know most of their Betta's stay there for quite a while. I also know they do water changes nearly every other day which makes me a very happy camper.

Anyway, I finally decided that I was going to get both girls....I was supposed to be getting root tabs for my plants....I'll just have to get those on next week's paycheck lol.

So without further ado, here is the first girl I saw between the two males. I don't have a name yet but I want to stick with my "Marvel" theme so if anyone's got suggests on those, go ahead and throw them out.

In her bag:

Perhaps she is an HM? Or a Super DeT?

Not amused:

Giving the stink eye

Flaring, looks like a Super DeT?

She didn't like the camera, that's for sure!

Mystique trying to show her who's boss

Pretty and she knows it!

Flare--Photobombed by Phoenix

"I STILL don't like the camera..."

"Who put these bubbles here! Interior designer, where are you?!"

"I said no bubbles! Is nobody listening to me?!"

"Oh for the last time...there are bubbles over here too!"

And now for the second girl, I think I want to call her Jewel, she's a deep blue but does a green irid shine to her in certain lights. And a beautiful navy/black under color! But I don't know if I want to pull out from one of two of my themes; Artists or Marvel (mostly mutants)

"Hmmm that looks like Frog-bit I think...yup, definitely Frog-bit,"

"Oh hai there human...I don't think I'm supposed to be in this small tank..."

"HEY! Get out of my photo shoot Aurora!"

"That's better...this is my good side!"

"This is my sad-beaten up face..."

"And this is my grump face!"

"I'm sad again because Cherry photo-bombed me....mom!!!!"

"I'm sad...leave me alone "

"oooh....pretttyyy...oh that's me!"

"Heh...how YOU doin'? Heheh...pretty fishy"

"Oh...hi Little Blue..." Okay so I want to note here that this is the BEST picture I've EVER taken of Little Blue before! And just a size comparison, Little Blue is my smallest girl in the sorority right now, so my little DS is really little!

And that's all for today! Stay tuned because I have two more threads coming and one to be updated! One of my AB girls came in today! And I got a bunch of good shots of my girls today while trying to get the two new ones, silly girls always thinking it's their turn for a photo but when I actually got to photo them, they want nothing of it! lol

Last edited by lilnaugrim; 05-29-2013 at 07:51 PM.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #2 
Krys

I think both are just VTs. Hard to tell in those pics.
Also. Highfive on the Marvel theme. I got Cap. xD Been looking for a green betta for Bruce, or Red and gold for Tony. No luck yet.

Cute girls though. I hope everything works out.
Krys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #3 
xShainax

Poor widdle sad faces.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krys View Post
I think both are just VTs. Hard to tell in those pics.
Also. Highfive on the Marvel theme. I got Cap. xD Been looking for a green betta for Bruce, or Red and gold for Tony. No luck yet.

Cute girls though. I hope everything works out.
Thanks! I also have a Steve and Tony, although both are babies and I found out that Tony is actually Toni lol w/e, same difference right? haha, I also have Jarvis and then for my mutants I've got Mystique, Raven, Mercury, and Phoenix!

The only reason I don't think the first girl is a VT is because she's got more than 2 rays. I found out the other day that VT's only have 2 rays and she's got many more, so hence not a VT. However I think Jewel might be a VT.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #5 
Krys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Thanks! I also have a Steve and Tony, although both are babies and I found out that Tony is actually Toni lol w/e, same difference right? haha, I also have Jarvis and then for my mutants I've got Mystique, Raven, Mercury, and Phoenix!

The only reason I don't think the first girl is a VT is because she's got more than 2 rays. I found out the other day that VT's only have 2 rays and she's got many more, so hence not a VT. However I think Jewel might be a VT.
Where did you find out that it's Toni? I've always seen it as Tony. Comics all say Tony unless I misread. :/
Old 05-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #6 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krys View Post
Where did you find out that it's Toni? I've always seen it as Tony. Comics all say Tony unless I misread. :/
Oh no, no no! I mean, my Tony, my betta is not a boy, it's actually a girl. Sorry! Didn't mean to confuse you lol
Old 05-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #7 
Krys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Oh no, no no! I mean, my Tony, my betta is not a boy, it's actually a girl. Sorry! Didn't mean to confuse you lol
xD
sorry.
That's still cute though.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #8 
Canis

Love your captions XD Adorable girls!
Canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #9 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
Love your captions XD Adorable girls!
Hah, thanks! I love putting them to pictures, just so fitting you know? Thanks so much!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #10 
peachii

Super jealous! Those are some beautiful girls. I'd sure be headed there on soonish if i loved close to get that DS white girl with the ripped ears. Been looking for a white here for months with no luck.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dragon scales, females, sorority