Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #91 
Little-Fizz

Really? I put 3/4" holes in my ears and never had any big problems with them. Its really only the cartilage piercings that are the worst. What type of jewellery are you using? A lot of people are sensitive to most types of jewellery.
Little-Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #92 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wear 14 carat gold earrings. I just have mine double pierced. I had my ears pierced when I was 12, then 18 years later, got the second set .I got the second ones in 1992. It just seemed like it took them a long time to heal.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:31 AM   #93 
xst3ph90x

Yeah, the industrial is supposed to be the most painful non genital piercing you can get, and I've read horror stories, but I figure no pain no gain right?

I gauged my ears a while back, I got up to 4s, and then there was prom, so I took them out for prom and I wasn't able to put them back in after prom weekend.

Ok, SOOO sorry to change the topic momentarily... but I just got home after spending a night in NYC, and I don't have a heater for my bettas, and the water was 78 degrees before I left, and now I just got home and the water is 71 degrees and I don't have the money for a heater, not only that, but one of my bettas doesn't seem to be eating. He's swimming around fine (he DOES seem a bit jumpy), but other than that he's fine. He doesn't seem to be showing signs of any diseases other than the fact that he isn't eating. The other betta is perfectly fine. I'm not sure waht to do, I don't have the money for a heater, and even if I did, it wouldn't really be worth it because most of the year I live at school where its 80 degrees in the dorms and the water stays at 78 degrees, so it would be such a waste.

Is he just mad at me for leaving? I've also been out a lot recently and I haven't been able to give them as much attention as I would like, do you think he's mad at me for that? I don't know what to do....
xst3ph90x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:03 PM   #94 
dramaqueen
Banned

Did you us the vacation feeders again? Maybe he's constipated.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:52 AM   #95 
xst3ph90x

Nope, no vacation feeders, I was only gone overnight, so I just skipped 2 feedings, that's not a big deal. He seems ok now, I think he was just mad that I left.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #96 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad he's better. Boy, they have their ways of showing us that they are unhappy with us! Haahaa. I have one that I think is still mad at me for putting Melafix in his water 2 months ago! Whenever I try to feed him, he zooms to the bottom of the container and stays there until I back away from the container, then he comes up to eat! Weird.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #97 
xst3ph90x

Yeah, he seems really happy now that I've been home a little more. That IS weird, I love bettas SO much that I got another one yesterday! He's all white (or he's supposed to be, but the lighting makes him look pink). I sent a picture to my friend and she said that it was a gay fish (because its a HE and its pink), so I was looking at drag queen names online to see what I would name him, but I decided on Roxanne (yes even for a male betta), because he's supposed to be white, but he looks pink so he's 'putting on the red light'. It's a REALLY corny joke, but still.

So yeah, my friend and I also traded fish, so I trades Sashimi for Bitchfish (long story on that name). So here's some pictures.

Here's Bitchfish- he's a veiltail

He looks more blue in these pictures than purple, but he's purple. Also, his fins are really strange, I think he may be a combtail...

And here's the newest addition to my fish family... Roxanne- he's a delta tail

And those are my 2 newest fish...
Old 01-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #98 
dramaqueen
Banned

They're both so pretty!! If I ever get a pink male, I'm gonna name him Pink Floyd. Haahaa. My brother is a Pink Floyd fan.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #99 
xst3ph90x

Yeah, that actually makes sense haha... I've been looking at some crazy halfmoons online, and I want one SO badly. Also, I want a giant betta! They're either halfmoons or plakats and they're like the size of a computer mouse! I want one soooooooooooo badly, but the only website that I can find selling them is selling them for like 120 dollars! (That's a bit TOO much if you ask me). Maybe one day... when I get a job... I want one SO badly..

You wanna hear something weird... Everytime I look at fish online, I start to crave sushi... It's really strange...
Old 01-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #100 
Little-Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xst3ph90x View Post
You wanna hear something weird... Everytime I look at fish online, I start to crave sushi... It's really strange...
Brooooookayyyyyyy lmfao random! Thats really, really strange. Lol I've never had any fish sushi so I don't even know if its good. I know the vegetable ones are bomb.

Those are some pretty nice bettas

Lol and Roxanne, what a name. Is he pink due to blood vessels or something? Giant bettas??? I want one too, lol that sounds awesome.
Little-Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote