Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2008, 03:01 PM   #11 
iamntbatman

White spot and ich are the same disease. From what I could see in the picture, it doesn't look like your fish has ich.

Don't trust those stick-on water parameter monitors. They're even less accurate than test strips and will begin to deteriorate in your tank and cause a mess. There's really no substitute for a liquid test kit (well, except for digital probes, but those tend to be a little on the expensive side).
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #12 
willow

hi
i have no real advise to give,i'm sorry to say,just this question......
do any of your friends keep bettas,because perhaps you could split
the cost of the test kit between you all.
i do hope you get to the bottom of this problem,and he will be ok.
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #13 
xst3ph90x

Thanks guys! I'm going home for Thanksgiving on Friday, so I'm going to do a water change before that, and then I'm going to get a new tank for him over the break.
Another concern that I have is that I got gel feeders for my bettas (the ones that don't mess up your water). I got them for Thanksgiving break because I don't want to stress out my bettas by having them go thru 2 car rides in one week.
I'm concerned about my bettas though, what if they don't like the feeders? What if they don't eat them and they die? Will they eat them? Should I put the feeder in a few days before and not feed them so that they get used to the feedr?
xst3ph90x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:40 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

You COULD put them in a few days before to see how they do, but I think they'll eat them if they get hungry enough.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #15 
xst3ph90x

Yeah, I think I'm gonna put them in now!
Thanks!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #16 
iamntbatman

The gel feeders are just a gel made of seaweed protein with daphnia stuck in it, so I think bettas should probably at least pick the daphnia out. I was out of town for ten days once and dropped one of the gel feeders in my tank. At the time, the tank just had a dwarf gourami, some zebra danios and some cories. The feeder had definitely been picked at. The fish seemed hungry but they were all still alive and active when I returned from the trip. Hope that helped!
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:18 AM   #17 
xst3ph90x

I put the feeders in my tanks, and now all of the water is REALLY foggy. I don't know what to do, because I can't bring them home, and I can't not feed them for like 10 days.
What should I do?
Old 11-19-2008, 07:30 AM   #18 
Little-Fizz

White spot and ich are the same thing... Its hard to diagnose with the picture quality.. But it COULD be ich, I doubt it is if you've had him for two weeks now, is there anything in the tank he could have injured himself on? Is there a chance you could get a better picture? Perhaps a side view?

Lol I wish I had of noticed this thread had two pages before I posted...

Last edited by Little-Fizz; 11-19-2008 at 07:32 AM. Reason: apparnetly I'm to slow.
Little-Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

I thought that those gel feeders weren't supposed to mess up the water.You could check to see if your water parameters are ok.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #20 
xst3ph90x

Yeah, they're NOT supposed to mess up the water. And as I said before, I'm really broke (like I have negative numbers in my bank accounts) and I haven't been able to get a test kit.

I don't know what to do!!! I'm leaving in 2 days and I can't bring them home with me! Should I just leave the feeders in there and do a 80% water change when I get back? I'm gonna be gone for 10 days, and there is no way I can bring my bettas home.