Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #31 
iamntbatman

What kind of plant is it? If it's something like java fern or java moss I really wouldn't be too concerned. I have this stuff growing underneath of rock formations where they pretty much never get any light exposure, other than ambient room light, which isn't much.
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:21 AM   #32 
xst3ph90x

I think its java fern, I'm not sure. So the plant should be ok.
I leave today, so I really hope my bettas don't die while I'm gone. I'm gonna be really upset if they do!
xst3ph90x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #33 
dramaqueen
Banned

They'll be fine. I know, they're like your children, you can't help but worry. Hahaa
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:54 AM   #34 
xst3ph90x

Haha.... Yeah my fishies are like my children, I hate to leave them!
Old 11-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #35 
dramaqueen
Banned

I worry about mine when I have to leave them. Last time i went anywhere I only had 2 fish and they each went different places. Neither person wanted both fish. One stayed with a neighbor and the other one spent Christmas in Indiana with another friend. She took him and her betta to her parents' house 2 hours away.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #36 
xst3ph90x

Oh wow. Well I didn't want to bring them home because it's really stressful for the fish to have to endure 2 car rides in a week, so I decided to use the feeders, but I'm still really worried about them.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #37 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, it WAS stressful for the fish and my friend said they were pale for a few days, but they survived. How far is your college from home?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:18 AM   #38 
xst3ph90x

It depends on how fast you drive, but its between 2 and 3 hours, so its not like they're short car rides, they're LONG ones.

I just hope they're ok.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #39 
dramaqueen
Banned

yeah, its really not a good idea to travel with them that far.My friend did it because she had to. Either that or leave them with a neighbor who wouldn't have taken care of them properly.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #40 
xst3ph90x

I just got back today, and they're both ALIVE, and they seem happy too. I just got aquarium salt, so I put a little bit in their tanks, and I got some meds for my fish with fin rot.

I got a new tank for Sashimi (the one with fin rot), because his old tank was disgusting. After 11 days of no water change, it was SO gross, it smelled, and it was slimy, it was gross. I just dumped the whole thing. Sashimi seems very happy in his new tank (which now has a filter and an air pump). I'm really happy that he finally seems to be happy.

I'm kind of concerned about Sushi though. He's my favorite of the 2 (he's my first), and he doesn't seem to be as happy. I changed some of his water today, and whenever I get the chance, I have to get him a new air stone (his old one is wearing out). He IS an older and bigger fish that Sashimi, but he doesn't seem to want to swim around or anything. Like I said earlier, I don't have a water test kit, but the water is 78 degrees, and he's always been fine with what he's been living in. I put a little bit of aquarium salt in his tank. He IS swimming around a little bit, but I'm still concerned.

It might just be because Sashimi is in a new tank that he's swimming around a lot and maybe Sushi has always acted like this. He seems to be getting old (like an old man), because he doesn't move much. He DOES swim around, but not as much as Sashimi.

I'm not sure what to do, but it seems like he's getting fat (I'm not overfeeding him. I give him 3 pellets in the morning and 3 at night, and once or twice a week I give him a bloodworm or 2). Maybe it's just my imagination, but I AM concerned.

I have bettafix and another fish medication. I put a drop of Quick Cure by Aquarium Products. It's supposed to provide fast relief for Ick and Protozoan Parasites. I think Sushi may be getting Ick because I see 2 small white dots by his eye. I'm going to change some of his water sometime this week, after I have a little bit of time to see if the meds are working. This sounds good right?