Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #1 
jesssan2442

proud of my mom!

we went to petco and there was a betta who had so little water that he couldn't even be straight... so my mom called over the fish girl and told her to give the betta more water, the employee did give the betta more water but not after she told us that bettas live in rice puddles and that they can live in shallow water... I would have argued with the girl but I could tell she wouldn't care what I said... we watched the betta for a minute and it appeared he had a minor case of SB so I asked my mom if we could get him, she said no but at least we got the poor boy some more water...

the petco takes great care of their bettas, that was the only one who didn't have much water... they also do lots of water changes on their bettas so the cups were clean!!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #2 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Good for your mom! My mom supports my fish hobby and all but she literally would not let me talk about betta fish for a whole week... I was kind of mad, kind of amused.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #3 
jesssan2442

my mom likes the fish but she doesn't like buying the stuff they need!! I used to have a job so I bought all my stuff but then my job ended so now she has to buy the stuff...
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #4 
jadaBlu

Just speculating maybe since he has SBD someone thought lowering the water would help him. Maybe you guys could go back and put a pinch of epsom salt in his cup. Since his water is changed often he will probably be in it just long enough to cure him.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote