Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #11 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh great! That's good I wish I could have frozen BW's for my babies lol, none of our stores around here sell them though >.<

Oh and you could totally be seeing new growth in a day, they grow fast when fed well!!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #12 
Fishy Mom

I don't eat the yellows just because I don't like the taste, lol. All my fish still get a little piece sometimes as a treat.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #13 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy Mom View Post
I don't eat the yellows just because I don't like the taste, lol. All my fish still get a little piece sometimes as a treat.
I never knew fish could eat egg yolks, I only eat half of them and give the rest to my cats when I make hard boiled eggs. Good to know!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #14 
TaraJets

If anyone wanted to see Fluffy (that's what I decided to name him) I posted a video of him :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQr9J-m9EA
TaraJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #15 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJets View Post
If anyone wanted to see Fluffy (that's what I decided to name him) I posted a video of him :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQr9J-m9EA
That's one hyper fish! Does she ever stop moving, lol.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #16 
TaraJets

oh my gosh!! he's crazy!!! That's why I had to post a video because even with my good camera, pictures weren't really working out.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #17 
JamieL

I'm glad to see this thread. I just registered, earlier today I was in petco with my daughter buying cat food, and my daughter mooned over the fish forever (like usual), and I saw the baby bettas. I thought it would be great, rewarding for her to help care for it and watch it grow...until I got home and did some research online. Now I'm in a panic over this poor little guy. I went back to the store and got a heater, but I'm worried the water is too wam, so tomorrow I'll get a thermometer, and different food. I asked the staff at both pet stores, but got basically zero (or bad) info from both, but I really want to learn more and help this little fish flourish, both for my daughter and for my own motherly instinct. From my research it seems he's 7-8 weeks old. My husband is mocking me because Ive been hovering and doting on this fish all day.
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #18 
TaraJets

Good luck with your new baby! I'm no expert but what I've picked up on so far for babies is feed frequent, small meals and make sure to change the water often enough. You should post a picture :)
Old 06-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #19 
Mohankrish99

My crown tail Betta is about 4 months old..it is eating too much.I read in many websites that we should feed our fish every thing it eat within 2 minutes...but my fish is eating way too much in that 2 minutes...
please any one tell me is it the good way of feeding..
Mohankrish99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #20 
JamieL

I got up early to check on Bubblefishy before my daughter got up, just in case. He was kind of just hanging in the same spot as the night before, near the bottom, behind a decoration. He would swim up for air then back down to that spot. Is that normal behavior? I was a little worried, but now my daughters up and he's swimming all over the place! She says "he loves me!' Maybe he does.
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby, baby betta, fry care