Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #1 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Holy Heatwave Batman!

Oh my god, it's only 91 right here but the humidity is what's killing, it's at 53% right now and I know for you hotter climate people that may not seem like much but it's frackin' hot here!!

Just last week it was nice in the mid 50's to 60's, that's my kind of weather! I need to move up more north lol

Oh and then here's the kicker, tonight it's going to get down to 60 degree's! What even is that?!?! Oh right, that's normal for NE ><

And then I was looking at just this evening's forecast and it's supposed to be around 70's high 60's and the humidity is going through the roof at 84%.....I wish I had a/c Oh wait we do...but my grandfather refuses to turn it on because he's old and he's grouchy and crotchety. Sorry, I've got no respect for that man as he doesn't even call us grandchildren, we're just more nuisenses in his life.

At least at my mom's house we keep the blinds all closed and the windows closed and it keeps the coolness in, granted we live in the middle of the woods and it's a little more shaded but it nearly feels like we've got a/c in there, we've also got ceiling fans whereas at my dad's (where my fish are) we don't

Oh god, someone save me
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #2 
Freyja
Banned

Amateurs
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #3 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah well as I said, you're used to it!! I'm not!!! I'm built for cold weather!!!

Hence I've decided to move up north more haha
Old 05-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I know how you feel lilnaugrim its the same here in my neck of the woods and I have my fan going full blast, I only have AC in my bedroom which is good though at least at night I can sleep well. Its seem for the last few years here in TN each summer is getting a little hotter then the year before and I dont like it. Last summer we hit 105 for a few days and had a huge storm and I had 3 trees down that took out the power lines, so I had to camp out on the porch with my dog for the night and he didnt like it he kept wanting to come back inside the extremely hot house and sleep on his soft bed, he is so spoiled...lol I was also cycling my tank at the time, Perseus was fine but I lost my BB and had to start over, talk about fun...not...lol
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh geez that's the worst! Ugg, I'm pretty sure I would die if it got to 105 and stayed there. We've hit 110 a few times but's it was only for a day and then it went back down to 90's.

Poor dog! Yeah...not sure what's with my cats but they don't want to come inside, my girl cat was playing with a chipmunk while the boy sat there and watched in the shade even as I called them to come in. But they were happy to stay out in the hot weather, they're Maine Coon cats so they've got lots of fur and their darker colored so I can't imagine they're very comfortable out there lol I know they're animals but all the same, the basement would be nice and cool and I'm sure they can find a mouse down there to play with haha.

It's funny though because our short haired boy has been in all day, sleeping, not moving from his one spot lol lazy cat XD
Old 05-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #6 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Got to love how animal seems to know what works best for them even if we dont think so...lol Yeah if I was a cat or dog seems like a nice cool basement is where I would want to be when its hot I have heard that cats will flatten themselves out to stay cool, you will have to keep and eye on your cats and tell us its that is true or not.

Its that time of year to remind everyone to make sure their pets have cool clean water at all times. Our pets are so lucky we take such good care of them
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yup! Well MC (the boy Maine coon although that's not what MC stands for lol his full name is "Yo MC" for yo mischievous cat....my dad named him lol) he was definitely sprawling himself out in the shade, he wasn't panting at all so he didn't seem to bothered by it.

Oh god, talk about water. My girl maine coon, Ieli (pronounced: eye-lee) is such a Queen it isn't even funny. She demands fresh water every time she goes to take a drink which is like ten million times a day! The funny part was that I read that cats are prone to not drinking enough, which is just funny because all three cats drink like there's no tomorrow! It's good! Just funny.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #8 
Lights106

I'm with you. I am a cold weather person myself. 75 degree's is my max, but I live in Utah where it goes from 50 degree's to 105 in an hour. Rains while there isn't any clouds, snows in June, and 75 degree wintery days. Yeah Utah is weird. We are a dry heat so even if it gets up to 10% humidity, I start dying. It sucks. I am sorry it's so miserable there.
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #9 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah it's not so much the actual heat, it's the humidity that kills!