Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #11 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Flirting behavior : when ever they see another betta, they will flare and swim all over the tank in an "S" fashion, hoping the other will follow. Courtship involves a game of "follow the leader", at least until the male decides to bite.

When they flare to fight, they will stay in a certain position and hold their ground . . . or in this case water Lol

To get a better idea of what I mean, look at youtube videos on betta breeding and betta fighting. Compare the way they flare and swimming style.

Last edited by indjo; 05-31-2013 at 08:59 PM.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #12 
Sarawr96

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
Flirting behavior : when ever they see another betta, they will flare and swim all over the tank in an "S" fashion, hoping the other will follow. Courtship involves a game of "follow the leader", at least until the male decides to bite.

When they flare to fight, they will stay in a certain position and hold their ground . . . or in this case water Lol

To get a better idea of what I mean, look at youtube videos on betta breeding and betta fighting. Compare the way they flare and swimming style.
okay thanks! He is looking at her flaring and swimming around her then swimming away. So I think this may be flirting. when they flirt is it okay to let her out? when will he build the nest for her eggs?
Sarawr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #13 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Lately Mine seldom if ever build nests. But usually they make one during the courtship ritual.
Release or not - depends on you. The female will take a beating and even worse if courtship time is longer. For virgin females, it is best to just float her for a day or so before releasing.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #14 
Sarawr96

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
Lately Mine seldom if ever build nests. But usually they make one during the courtship ritual.
Release or not - depends on you. The female will take a beating and even worse if courtship time is longer. For virgin females, it is best to just float her for a day or so before releasing.
Okay, thank you :) I think I'll do that and hopefully this works! I'm so excited!
Sarawr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:10 PM   #15 
BettaFishBreeder

I would let her out as long as its at least a 10 gallon and has places to hide! That way you dont have to worry about her dropping her eggs in the breeding trap!
BettaFishBreeder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breeding, bubble, nest, trouble