Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #11 
aunt kymmie
Gold Member

Thanks Ms. Drama! Good to know it's not a worry. I simply adore this guy and hope to have him around for a very long time.
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:11 AM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sure you'll have him around for a long time. It sounds like he's got a great home and lots of love!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #13 
Kim

Great job on the rescue! Holding a mirror is fine and gives them a little exercise if done in small doses. I let my guy see himself every once in a while and he flares like crazy! Then, when he turns around I take the mirror away and he parades around his tank like "oh yeah, I scared the crap out of that guy" it's so funny. He then immediately starts on a new bubble nest.

He also flares if I change his tank or put anything new in. When I put a black background on he was flaring at it like crazy to the point that I thought I was going to have to take it off. I actually thought it was because he was seeing his reflection, but the next day when I turned the lights on again he was fine :) Silly fish.

I just can't wait to get more, and I have a thing for rescueing animals so I see many more bettas in the future, especially when I have my license!!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Females will flare too, don't they? I have yet to see mine flare.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #15 
Kim

I have heard that they try! Although their litte fins don't really have the same effect that the males do ;)
Old 11-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think that my next betta is going to be another female. I love my little girl.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:27 AM   #17 
iamntbatman

Females can definitely flare. My girlfriend's female crowntail flares at all the snails in her tank and sometimes flips out and attacks them for no reason until they close up in their shells or she knocks them off the glass. It's pretty hilarious.
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #18 
Kim

I think I will get a female once the 10 gallon is divided, I have never had one before and they seem so funny!
Old 11-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

You would love a female. They have as much personality as the males. And, boy can they eat! Mine would eat the whole package if I let her.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #20 
GuppyColorMaker

I have a female Betta Fish named Pez, and she is hilarious. I made her a small "cove" you could call it, out of large rocks, and she swims under it all the time. I usually stay up later than I'm supposed to,leaving her light on as my night light. She always mimics me. I'll go under my covers, she'll go under her "cove" I put my glasses up on beside her tank, she swims down to where they are. I bring in a pack of Smarties, she gets a SDS (sundried shrimp). When I bring in Pez Candies, oh dear. I put the end of one into the top of her water, and she takes a bite. P.S. Anyone who has any pez candies, you can message me, I'm running low. She is such a lovely fish though. Lol.
GuppyColorMaker is offline   Reply With Quote