Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #11 
EdgyWolf
Member
 
EdgyWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Oh no! That always stinks about tanks cracking! I'm just waiting for my 33 gallon to come crashing down That tank was also used from my University that a friend rescued and saved for me. I really should have re-siliconed it before I set it up....well it's been holding 5 months now no problems. Crossing my fingers too!

So NLS is going to be more expensive, but it's also 3 times bigger than the Omega One container. my NLS was about 6-7 dollars and my Omega was 3 dollars and change.
Ah! Money is no big issue to me I just realized, according to what you said, fish food is a lot like trying to buy dog food. Always buy the food that shows chicken, beef, fish, or meals as the first few ingredients. The first ingredient shouldn't be grain or wheat. Sounds familiar huh?
EdgyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team
 
lilnaugrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Yup! Exactly! Same thing with my cats lol

One of my cats actually had an allergic reaction to one of the foods and we realized that it was just bad quality so once I figured that out, we switched brands and now, 4 months later he's grown almost all his fur back and no longer itches like a maniac!

But yup, I certainly wish I knew all this stuff back before I was a new owner so I could have saved money in the long run lol but that's what makes us new owners XD
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #13 
EdgyWolf
Member
 
EdgyWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Yup! Exactly! Same thing with my cats lol

One of my cats actually had an allergic reaction to one of the foods and we realized that it was just bad quality so once I figured that out, we switched brands and now, 4 months later he's grown almost all his fur back and no longer itches like a maniac!

But yup, I certainly wish I knew all this stuff back before I was a new owner so I could have saved money in the long run lol but that's what makes us new owners XD
Haha! Of course! We live and learn and this is why I joined the forum. I knew a lot about tropical fish since I used to have a 10 gallon community tank a long time ago but I don't know so much about betta fish. This site has been very helpful to me so far! Not to mention some really nice people to talk to to!
EdgyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team
 
lilnaugrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Yep

I still want to do another tropical community tank, perhaps at my mom's house since I've got 6 tanks set up at my dad's house already O.O but I agree, I've learned so much from just talking to people or lurking and reading things lol and now I can help my friends and others too when they want new Betta's

So what size tank were you thinking for Buckshot?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #15 
EdgyWolf
Member
 
EdgyWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Yep

I still want to do another tropical community tank, perhaps at my mom's house since I've got 6 tanks set up at my dad's house already O.O but I agree, I've learned so much from just talking to people or lurking and reading things lol and now I can help my friends and others too when they want new Betta's

So what size tank were you thinking for Buckshot?
I have him in a critter keeper that my neighbor happily allowed me to use for the moment but since I can't spend crazy amounts of money I'm probably going to go with just getting a new 2.5 gallon tank or if I can afford it, a 3 gallon. I cant afford getting a 5 gallon with a new filter right now but Buckshot was happy in his 2.5 gallon tank so I think I'll stay with that. I think any betta is happy moving from a cup to a much larger area! He covers the entire top of the tank with bubble nests! He goes crazy when he makes bubble nests. He'd make a good father if I bred him it seems.
EdgyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #16 
EdgyWolf
Member
 
EdgyWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
UPDATE!!: I just got back home from FINALLY finding Omega One pellets. Everywhere I looked I found the flakes. Since Buckshot didnt eat anything this morning I decided to try again with the Omega One pellets and he took to it like a starving child. He loved the stuff. I just hope he decides to like it for the long run. It's only been 7 days since I got him. He still needs to get over his reflection on the sides of the tank which will take some time I'm sure. But I'm glad he enjoyed the Omega One pellets.
EdgyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #17 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team
 
lilnaugrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Yay! That's exciting! I'm glad he ate them ^^

As far as tanks go, you can get a 5 gallon for only 27 bucks at Wal-Mart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Cultu...-Pets/20693704

that one would probably be your best bet
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #18 
EdgyWolf
Member
 
EdgyWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Yay! That's exciting! I'm glad he ate them ^^

As far as tanks go, you can get a 5 gallon for only 27 bucks at Wal-Mart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Cultu...-Pets/20693704

that one would probably be your best bet
Oh...well crap...I already ordered a new 2.5 gallon tank. Well I guess I'll grab a 5 gallon tank when it's time then. No biggie.

And yes! I'm happy he finally ate!!
EdgyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #19 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team
 
lilnaugrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Oh np, He'll be happy all the same!

I've decided that if (heaven forbid) any of my males die I'm going to get a Giant if I can find one that is close to wild type like Buckshot is! He's just so beautiful! lol

Yes, I have fish envy...a lot of envy....

(You think I wouldn't with 20 fish >.>)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #20 
EdgyWolf
Member
 
EdgyWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Oh np, He'll be happy all the same!

I've decided that if (heaven forbid) any of my males die I'm going to get a Giant if I can find one that is close to wild type like Buckshot is! He's just so beautiful! lol

Yes, I have fish envy...a lot of envy....

(You think I wouldn't with 20 fish >.>)
Haha! We're all a bit fish crazy here. I secretly am. I wish I could have taken several males off the shelf from my local Petco. But alas I can only own one until I get my own place. I'm pretty lucky I found Buckshot when I did because my Petco usually DONT get "Kings" aka Giants. Let alone one that's a wild type. They usually just carried a bunch of Veiltails. But lately I've been noticing an increase in Crowntails, Kings, and Elephant Ear betta fish on their shelves. Seems like they found themselves a better betta fish provider for their store. Supplying only one tail type is kind of a bummer.

If you happen to get a Giant sometime soon be sure to take photos and let me know! Buckshot is my first Giant. I've only owned Halfmoons and Veiltails in my past. None compare to how big Buckshot is! Still amazes me!
EdgyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aggression Otterfun Betta Fish Compatibility 3 01-24-2013 11:18 PM
Over Aggression lpfanatic2003 Betta Chat 4 08-20-2012 10:34 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.