Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #1 
BettaPrincess13

Smile New Owner (:

Hey everyone!!!

I just got my First Betta Fish named Carlson yesterday (: Ive loved him since the moment I picked him out from the rest at the store but as a new Betta Owner Im nervous as anything cause I don't want to do anything that could get him sick or make him die. I couldn't sleep last night without waking up every few hours and checking the tank to make sure he's ok. While searching google for everything I could find on Bettas I came across this Forum which is really helping me with learning how to care for my new Betta and I joined hoping to interact with other Betta Fish Lovers (cause no one in my family understands why I love my Betta so much they just roll there eyes lol) who understand my love for these Fish as well as learning more about Betta Fish care so that my Betta can be the happiest fish it can (:

Can't wait to meet and talk with all you guys! :D
- BettaPrincess13

Last edited by BettaPrincess13; 06-01-2013 at 08:50 PM.
BettaPrincess13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #2 
Laki

Hello and welcome!!

This is the prime place for all your betta needs :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #3 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Haha I totally understand you! My family just kind of zones out when I start talking fish lol.

Great to meet you and if you've got any questions feel free to make a new thread or ask them here! And don't worry, most of us here aren't going to judge you for being a new owner, we were all there at some point as well! I'm just glad that you joined us so early! It's certainly one thing I regret doing now that I'm a little more experienced

Anyway, welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here (gosh, I sound like a hotel clerk when I say that haha) and as I said before, feel free to ask any and all questions!

lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #4 
BettaPrincess13

To Laki: hi and thanks! (:

lilnaugrim: haha I know they think I'm weird for talking to my Betta yet they talk to the dog, rabbit, and cat but to them talking to fish isnt the same lol I'll never understand their logic but they help watch over him while Im away at work so at least they respect my love for him lol yeah I really wanted to learn as quickly as I could. I wish I'd of read up on them a little bit more but I really wanted one so I bought one the moment I could so i went after work today and picked up a few books on Betta Care as well as joined here to get as much advice and information on Bettas before something bad happens to mine and I can't help him cause of my lack of Knowledge.

Thanks!! haha its fine my intro sounded like I was typing a resume or an essay lol I hope to! I feel at ease knowing I can ask more experienced Fish Keepers if something comes up (:
Old 06-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #5 
Rosewynn

Welcome! :)

Yeah, no one around me 'gets' bettas. My mom will say, "Hi cat and dog." to mine when she wakes up (No idea why she calls them cat and dog lol) and will feed them for me if I am out but that's about it. I guess it comes in handy because when one of mine dies I make her take care of the body because it's too sad for me.
Rosewynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #6 
BettaPrincess13

Hey Rosewynn!

lol thats how my mom is she'll watch him and is willing to help me in getting suppies if I need it but other than that she doesnt see the hype in having fish. I can't imagine finding my fish dead if it was I couldnt just cause one i couldnt cause I love my fish and two dead fish skeeve me out for some reason...
Old 06-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #7 
crowntaillove3

That's my family! LOL. My mom and dad only pay attention to my snails. I have no idea why, they just don't seem that interested in the other fish. My sister, on the other hand... I drive her CRAZY whenever I talk about fish. My family just doesn't understand my obsession with fish. So I come to my room with my four fish tanks and my computer and I flog (fish blog, a word invented by my sister). Welcome to the forum!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #8 
BettaPrincess13

Crowntaillove3: My sister calls me obsessed. I showed her my phone wallpaper which I changed to the picture in my avatar of my betta starring at me like he does whenever I'm on my computer ( I love it hes so cute) and she rolled her eyes saying "you put a fish as your wallpaper?" not any fish I put Carlson as my wallpaper. they will never understand. Im glad I found this forum where people do understand me! lol (: whats not to love about fish? they're not noisy like some animals, they don't smell (that I know of lol) theyre beautiful, there amusing to watch, and for someone like me who loves decorating houses and such having an aquarium is amazing and lets me go crazy with decorating especially since I found that Bettas apparently like hiding places so hiding places Ill give him! with room to swim of course lol I dont know I think theyre the best pet you can have and then a dog after that. they are a lot of work if theyre to be cared for right but all pets are like that. and I believe that each fish has a personality and are unique and that they remember there owner. I dont know I feel a bond between me and my fish and I love his companionship he makes me a happier person (: I joke with my fiance calling the betta our son haha he probably thinks Im the strangest person but he goes along with it and hasnt changed his mind on marrying the crazy fish lady loll he finds my love for fish amusing. I have no shame!! I couldnt imagine how it will be when Carl passes. Ive read some stories of bettas in the memorial section of the forum and it just kills me. all last night I was up until 1 am typing away on the forum cause he was acting strange. he's doing better now and I hope to upgrade everything with what everyone has been suggesting here which so make him very happy (: hes a rescue from a very poorly taken care of pet store where tanks wernt cleaned and half the fish were dead in the tanks and the others suffering. all the baby bettas they were selling were dead and he was the one of the few still surviving so I pray he doesnt get sick from that mistreatment in that petstore. it angers me how some people have no heart for fish Id take all those fish and shut that place down if I could. fish should be loved and respected just as much as cats, dogs, or any other animal. going off on a rant there so ill stop lol this post is probably wayy longer than I intended lol
Old 06-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #9 
crowntaillove3

They just don't get it, do they? Ah, well. At least we are not alone! Over 50000 people are a member of this forum, so we have plenty of other fish crazy people!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #10 
warblrwatchr

I'm also new, in fact my 20 gallon tank doesn't have fish yet (see "tank too cold" post). My first fish purchase will be a betta, not sure which tail type to get.
warblrwatchr is offline   Reply With Quote