Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #1 
jadaBlu

Best tank size for sorrity of 6-8 females

I have purchased some females with the intent of start a future sorrority. There were several pretty ones that became available in my area where I normally one see brown females and sometime an occasional blue one. They are positioned so they can see each other. Most are used to seeing each other anyway since they came from the same store. I am looking at the possibility of doing a Walstad Method tank with them. I will be getting the tank soon and preparing it and I wanted opinions on the best size to get.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #2 
Crowntails

I say 20 gallons would be good. Go with the 20 gallon long.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #3 
Fishy Mom

I'd get a 20 gallon long. That way if you see any more girls you like you'll have room for them.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #4 
jadaBlu

I was kind of thinking of that. I also considered doing two 10's side by side with no space between and nothing to block the view. The thought behind that being it's another way to divert their attention (seeing other fish through the glass) and if one girl doesn't do well in one tank I could try the other tank.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #5 
peachii

You could do that but be warned you will wind up going with a larger tank after you get the tanks set up if you go small. Getting something like a 29 gallon (check craigslist, I bet within a week you find a very, very good deal) would give you tons of room and take up less plug-in space than 2 tanks.

Girl bettas are even more addicting that male bettas. The are so beautiful and are so many pretty colors, combinations and fin types that it is hard to stop.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #6 
jadaBlu

How many fish can you put in 10's vs a 20 long? I'd have to go aquabid to get better females. Unfortunately, someone sent me a link that displays possiblities with females tonight. That is a problem.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #7 
Deanna01

I got a 20 long just a few weeks ago thinking that it would be more than enough, and I already want a bigger tank. My advice is to get the biggest one you can!
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #8 
Wildbetta

It is always better to go with the bigger tank. LOL With the number of females you have already you could go with a 10 gallon but you would definitely need to stop at the number you have and not add anymore. With a larger tank you can always add some more girls if you want which tends to happen once you get started with sororities. LOL Always make sure you have lots of plants and hiding places as well as stuff to break up the line of sight in the tank.
Wildbetta is online now   Reply With Quote