Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2009, 06:20 PM   #1 
fishyinpa

Exclamation New fishy...problem...

I got the ggmb disease! If ya dont know that is...lemme explain. Its the Gotta Get More Betta disease..and well...I did it...yes i know my 10 gallon isnt even done cycling yet...I think...I have no idea whats going on with it...argh..

So yeah i was at the lfs to get a different ph tester but didnt find one that seemed any better than what i have. so i got that seachem ph thingy that hangs on the glass. I had the ammonia one and it didnt do crap but I dunno maybe this one will haha. I can hope.

So hes pretty purple and red. Hes in a ..I think 1 1/2-2 gallon plastic tank in my bathroom. Once i get my cories into my 10 gallon with Fishy (if i can figure what its doing...haha) then ill put him in the 9 1/4 gallon tank. Or just put him in the 9 1/4with the cories...but i dunno if that be overcrowding it or not...From what i read pandas dont usually get to 2 inches long. Most stay like 1 1/2...I hope haha...Else i just get him in one of my other two tanks i have that are a wee bit bigger. </br >

Also,i couldnt see him very well in the stupid lil bowl. I tried looking at him and thought he liked fine. Now that i got him home,under his mouth and the front area looks white/swollen. Not sure what that is. He may have a swim bladder thing going on too..or just bloated...What should i do for him? Other than keep his water warm and clean. Im thinking not feed him for a few days see if it gets better? If not...medicate him somehow...Ill get a pic of him later for yas. So you can see what im saying. I did get batteries (well dad did) so i can get piccies of the cories too...
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

So you went and got another one! YAY! Hmmm, I don't know what the white area could be from but yeah, you could fast him for a few days and if you have any daphnia, feed him some of that. Is he active or just staying in one spot? Just keep an eye on him and see how he does in the next few days. He may just need some tlc. :) Glad you remembered the batteries this time! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #3 
fishyinpa

Yup i did..I told myself if I ever see a purple one again ill get it...since that time i saw one with the otos there lol..That one looked healthy...doh...Oh well...I do have daphnia. Hmm well i put him in and came down so ill have to go check on him in a bit. haha yeah...
Old 02-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Maybe someone else will have a better idea of what it is but he may just need a few days to settle into his new home.I like purple bettas too. lol I have one that has a purplish body and wine colored fins.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #5 
fishyinpa

oooh cool. they had wine colored bettas too...and a cool looking green one...lol....Yup. Ill check on him and see how he doing now.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hope he's getting along ok.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #7 
fishyinpa

Well he seems fine. He is swimming all over checking everything out. Then he stops and stares at me haha...He is next to a huge mirror so he was flaring at himself like mad. I put a paper there so that wouldnt stress him out even more than I am sure he is now. Doesnt look as bad as it did in the bag. I think the water and the bag like magnified it. Like it did in the bowl. Cause now looking at him, I still see some kinda white near his mouth/underside but not badly swollen like I thought. Im thinking it looks like fungus/bacterial. Im gonna get my batteries in my cam and get a piccie. Oh yes the pandas too haha. Cant forget that!!
Old 02-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

No, don't forget the stooges! lol
Old 02-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #9 
fishyinpa

K i got piccies of everyone. Took a vid of new fishy hard to get a pic lol. Im gonna upload now. I be back lol.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #10 
fishyinpa

pics

here some pics of new fishy...ill do pandas next...

now heres a vid...hopefully you can see what i talking about lol...