Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #1 
JelloBetta

The Jello Pages!

Welcome to The Jello Pages! Here you can learn about my very fishy puppy life and Chips life too. I have grown very fond of bettas over the past year and Chip is now officially a year old. Time sure flys doesn't it? To start my journal I'll tell you a bit about my pets.

Chip

Species: Betta
Tail: Veil Tail
Colouring: Multi Colour Black and Blue
Tank Size: 3 Gallon
Likes: Swimming, looking at people whenever they come near and hiding in his little house
Dislikes: Tank cleaning day, other fish and being shaken around
Attached Images

Last edited by JelloBetta; 04-18-2014 at 12:51 PM.
JelloBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #2 
JelloBetta

Max

Species: Dog
Breed: Mini Schnauzer
Fur Type: Salt and Pepper
Likes: Chewing on treats and Denta Stixs, barking at cats, digging holes and cuddling
Dislikes: Cats, bath time, swimming and performing tricks
Attached Images

Last edited by JelloBetta; 04-18-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #3 
JelloBetta

April Fri 15, 2014

Chip hasn't seemed to notice his clay model yet, he probably doesn't mind. The sun is finally coming out from behind the rain clouds (we had a storm last night, everything is wet!) which is a good thing for Chip so he can warm up in his tank.

His tank is kinda dirty, so I guess I'll be cleaning it soon. Max is having a nap, he is out of sorts today. Last night he did barf, I'll tell you that much. I'm going to take him for a walk and see if it perks him up a little bit.

Bye for now,
Jello
Old 04-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #4 
JelloBetta

April Saturday 19 2014

I miss calculated on the date yesterday, sorry! One more thing: Happy Easter Eve

Max is now officially over his little case of the sickies. He does have other problems like this ear infection. You see, he gets reddish brownish clumps in his ear that you have to scavenger hunt for. You have to do that until you get to the vet and he gives to ear cleaning stuff. That's Max's story.

Chip is doing well. His scratches are healing quite nicely thanks to API BettaFix. And for anyone that wanted to see his clay model, it will be at the end of this post. Have a Hoppy Easter!

Bye for now,
Jello
Old 04-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #5 
JelloBetta

April Thurs 24 2014

Let me say one thing: IT'S BEEN TO LONG!!! Hope you all had a fantastic Easter, I know I did! Chip got the special treat of a tank clean since he needed one, and Max got to search for his dog treats (he found them all).

The "Spring Fling Dance" is tomorrow at my school, nobody has asked me out but what do I care?! My friend Morgan (she badly wants a betta!) and I never really want to get asked out, anyways. I did once like a boy in my class named Jacob, but that's another story.

If anyone has a plan to help my friend get a betta fish, please tell me! She really wants one, but I think her parents won't let her because she has a cat named Jasper.

Bye for now,
Jello
Old 05-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #6 
JelloBetta

May Sat 3 2014
I got a 5.5 gallon tank a couple days ago, and the reason why I don't sound to cheerful is because people were saying my tank is too "small" for tetras. I got three tetras to start yesterday, and I'm getting two more today.

For those people who said my tetras would be stressed out, Chip isn't bugging them at all and they don't show the slightest bit of stress. I feed them their flakes and all is fine.

Bye for now,
Jello
Old 05-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #7 
JelloBetta

May Sat 10 2014

Gosh darn it, Max is acting cute. He's rolled over on his belly going totally nuts XD Anyhow, chances are I'll be getting another betta soon. Which is fine by me because bettas are beautiful, but I'm sad because Chip....there's nothing I can do to help him with his split tail

I'm planning on getting a Dragon Scale female, but if they still have him I want this beautiful gold coloured male Veiltail. I'd name him Germany :)

Bye for now,
Jello
Old 05-12-2014, 08:43 AM   #8 
JelloBetta

May Mon 12 2014

Yesterday was my little brothers birthday, you won't believe what he got...another stack of video games for him to play. Sometimes I wonder if were ever gonna be able to stick a other portal on our TV, because we have two Skylanders portals and one Disney Infinity portal.

Chip is getting worse, and I know soon I'll have one more angel swimming beneath the rainbow bridge. Maybe he is just old? One year seems old for a betta.

Bye for now,
Jello
Old 05-16-2014, 07:05 PM   #9 
JelloBetta

May Fri 16 2014

Chip has left us, but now I know he is okay and is no longer in pain. I did some shopping today, went to Ardene to buy some new clothes, not expecting to buy another betta. I did check in on the pet store that I work at, make sure everything is well. And then I saw her- a beautiful Crowntail female in her little jar.

She was the most striking colour I had seen for females- a white for her body, some scales black and beautiful red fins. Immediately I bought her for 8.99 (somewhat a ripoff, I know) and took her home. Her name is Lily of the Valley, but call her Lily.

Lily of the Valley
Nickname: Lily
Species: Betta
Colour: Marble White, Red and somewhat Black
Tank Size: 5.5 Gallon
Dislikes: Small tanks and filters
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #10 
BettaLover1313

Very sorry to hear about Chip passing. Your new girl is very pretty.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote