Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2015, 05:08 PM   #1 
Cauliflower

Little Bit

So I now have my second betta. Blue passed away a couple of weeks ago. I just couldn't go without another one. I got a very young one this time. I am told he's a crowntail. He is so much more braver than Blue ever was. I think this experience with a betta will be a little different. I got Little Bit from Petsmart. I had gotten Blue at the dollar store.

This time around I've decided not to have any rocks on the bottom of the tank. I find it too difficult to clean without emptying the tank every time I clean. I also got a turkey baster at the dollar store to do some spot cleaning of uneaten food and excrement.

I think Little Bit likes his new tank. He hides in the corner sometimes. But seems to like when I lift the lid of the tank and leave it open for awhile (I'm watching him. :) )

He doesn't have much color, but I think it makes up for it in his personality already. Am I like a bad parent comparing my children?

Anyways, here are the pics I have of him so far.
Attached Images

Cauliflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #2 
Cauliflower

He is so tiny in this giant tank. I think he may be a little afraid to explore the bottom.
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2015, 03:51 AM   #3 
Cauliflower

A little Vine of my Little Bit.

https://vine.co/v/ODjDKmLWMKi
Old 01-15-2015, 12:29 AM   #4 
Cauliflower

Little Bit has yet to go exploring in the bottom of the tank a piece of food started falling and he began to go after it. Then stopped and went back to the surface. I think he'll love the bottom once he gets his courage up.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #5 
Cauliflower

He finally got the courage to go to the bottom. I think I'm proud of my little fish. :D
Old 01-16-2015, 12:27 AM   #6 
Cauliflower

I like when I sit on the other side of the room and wave at him in the tank. He starts swimming back and forth when he seems me wave. I think it's cute. He probably wants food. :D
Old 01-16-2015, 12:55 AM   #7 
Greenapp1es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
He is so tiny in this giant tank. I think he may be a little afraid to explore the bottom.
Haha, it took me a good 5 minutes to actually *find* him in this picture. It's the "Where's Waldo" of the Aquarium World!

Really cute guy though. I'm sure he'll do great with you!
Greenapp1es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:17 AM   #8 
Cauliflower

Little Bit is such a different fish than my previous betta. He is so active. He's constantly trying to get my attention when I'm near his tank. He swims back and forth so excited. I love that he even gets excited when I wave at him from across the room. I had thought all bettas were kids slow and didn't di much moving. That is so far from the truth with this little guy. I love spending time with him throughout the day
Today I did a little cleaning in his tank. I use a turkey baster to do the cleaning. Every time I'd dip the baster in he'd head over to check it out. He likes to chase the bubbles around that form when I am cleaning. He chases his own around, too.
I want to get a ping pong ball to put in his tank for him to play with. Or something similar. I think he'd enjoy it, even if it were just for a few minutes. :)