Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #101 
AlphaOmegaWolf666

lol I was makeing sure the harness survived lol and It took A LOT of self controll expecualy the little girls face! That is what killed me. And THANK EZIO I spelled Renji's name right!
AlphaOmegaWolf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #102 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOmegaWolf666 View Post
lol I was makeing sure the harness survived lol and It took A LOT of self controll expecualy the little girls face! That is what killed me. And THANK EZIO I spelled Renji's name right!
I shall thank Ezio! Oh! Check your text messages, it regards tomorrow!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #103 
AlphaOmegaWolf666

lol my phone is on charge and I will not take it off charged till it is done chargeing lol send me a pm lol
AlphaOmegaWolf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #104 
BettaLover1313

All right, I'll PM you in a sec!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #105 
BettaLover1313

Day 12 of Heat Treatment

Well...I'll admit that I slacked off today...I didn't change Merlin & Dragoon's water . I figured that since I was just so worn out and that they'd been going through so many water changes that all of us could use a break...probably not my brightest idea and I'll be whining about it tomorrow, but for today I know I'm grateful for the break and I think my boys are too.

Got to visit with AOW today and got things squared away for my upcoming trip to Texas where I'll be gone for a week. Merlin and Dragoon are going to be very perplexed! Don't worry about updates though, I made her promise to post in here every day while I'm away about the boys .

Not much else to report. Merlin was flaring at Renji and Lucky when they were playing in my room. Both boys are looking good, Dragoon is shedding less and so is Merlin. Hopefully, my lack of energy today doesn't make them go back to looking the way they did a couple days ago with how much they were shedding their slime coats.

9:05 a.m. is apparently the time to walk the dog. From that exact time on wards Lucky will whine at me until I take him for a walk! Today he was better with the pulling, but I know as soon as I take him on a new route he'll be pulling again for that first time.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #106 
BettaLover1313

Day 13 of Heat Treatment

Well...I knew I'd regret not changing the water yesterday-don't fret! Merlin and Dragoon are both fine, and both are actually happily swimming around their tank after getting a bloodworm for their patience while I cleaned their tank. I realized, though, that tomorrow I will be unable to clean their tank, since I will be gone most of the day at the Illinois Railway Museum with my uncle, and then we'll be going out to supper later, so unless we get back early (VERY unlikely), they will not get a water either :(.

In other news, Renji jumped up near the tank again, though I didn't realize it until I was dumping out the old water. I found one of my figurines off it's stand and my Stablemate Breyer Horse model, dubbed "Toby" on the floor, and I know I didn't knock it over, so the only culprit is the cat! Hopefully he was just looking at the fish and not thinking about trying to have sushi.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:48 AM   #107 
BettaLover1313

Day 15 of Heat Treatment

Well...I've been really lazy, I'm not going to lie. Between yesterday's all-day out at the railway museum, and today me just being plain tired from lack of sleep, the poor boys haven't had their tank water changed in two days, and I feel really bad about it . Merlin looks a little more clamped again, but otherwise happy, and Dragoon is his usual self, zipping around his side of the tank and constantly asking me every time I'm in the room, "Food?" (No, seriously, that's the expression he gives!)

So, we'll back-track a bit to yesterday!

I had a great time at the railway museum! I got to see many old time trolleys, cars, trains (particularly my favorite steam engines), got to ride in an antique railway car, an old-time trolley, not to mention I got to see the Nebraska Zephyr pulled out of the barn and even got to walk through the cars (not the engine though ). If anyone's interested, I can post pictures, but you'll have to let me know!

Merlin and Dragoon got extra pellets since my mom didn't want to fiddle with trying to get just six of the tiny pellets for them (three each) . Luckily, they have their fasting day tomorrow (looks at date) today!

Also, the boys had fun flaring at my uncle (who went with me to the museum), and spent the night in my room. MY GOODNESS did those two go insane flaring at him every time he was near their tank! You'd think they hadn't seen other people near their tank before...now I'm wondering how they're going to do in my dorm room !

Now onto today! Yesterday...whatever! I'm considering it yesterday (7/28/2013)!!!

The boys have been very excited to see me every time I walk into the room. I'm not sure if it's due to my absence yesterday, if they're just hungry, or what! But they were doing their happy dances every time I entered the room! I hope they're not lost when I go to Texas for several days!

Tomorrow...today..whatever--they're getting their tank cleaned and water completely changed. If Merlin doesn't perk up by tomorrow, I may have to put in the little amount of aquarium salt again, even though I was hoping to get him off of it . Oh well, I knew he was a special fish, and if he needs the extra care, so be it! I want him and Dragoon to be around for awhile!

After all these water changes, I've come to the conclusion that the 5.5 gallon is enough for me; at least for now. I can't see trying to clean a 10 gallon tank at college, especially when I know that I'm going to have difficulties just cleaning my 5.5 there.

In puppy related news:

Lucky decided that he didn't like my computer mouse. My scrolling button now stops whenever I try to scroll up . He's destroyed my MP3 player, my computer bag, my sneakers, the couch, the recliner, his first harness, and many, many other things in his separation anxiety. My mom and I are both hoping the trip to Texas cures him of it when he realizes that we were gone for several days, yes, but that we still came back. I'm also hoping he doesn't go on a food strike while he's boarded. Part of me doesn't want to go on the trip just because I know he's going to be upset about his being left at a kennel. We'll see how things go either way!

That's all from me, I'll post tomor...later today and update on how the boys are doing after their water change.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #108 
Huffle Puffles

LOL, too funny that the boys are so protective of their homes whenever a stranger comes near. Guess that shows how much they like them! ^_^

I don't know if you've ever seen those Kong toys for dogs, but they say they are a great tool to help with chewing issues cause they help relieve boredom and they are supposed to be super durable! You stuff some sorta treat inside and the dog has to chew to work it out.
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #109 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffle Puffles View Post
LOL, too funny that the boys are so protective of their homes whenever a stranger comes near. Guess that shows how much they like them! ^_^

I don't know if you've ever seen those Kong toys for dogs, but they say they are a great tool to help with chewing issues cause they help relieve boredom and they are supposed to be super durable! You stuff some sorta treat inside and the dog has to chew to work it out.
He has toys to play with including a KONG ball, several Nylabones (super chewers) and an everlasting treat (yeah-no!) toy (toy is everlasting!). We put treats in those and he'll ignore them, chewing on other things instead.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #110 
BettaLover1313

Day 16 of Heat Treatment

Wow! Today has been one heck of a day, and it's not even over yet!!!

First thing that happened today was that Lucky has decided that he's a cat. I found him on the end table that the cat usually sits on, and he wasn't just half-way on like normal, oh no! He's standing on it and he actually tried to bring his bone up there to chew on it!

The culprit caught in the act!!! (Yes that's my car out the window. Pay no attention to the gold thing!)

Later, the cat decided he had to do something out of the ordinary.

BL1313 & Lucky: *outside in the yard*
Renji: "I'm going outside!" *hurries to door as he hears the gate open*
BL1313: "Lucky! Inside!"
Lucky: "Okay, okay"
Renji: *sees open door and starts to saunter out*
BL1313: "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" *shoves cat back in*
Renji: WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!!! *stalks away to sulk in Mom's bedroom*
Lucky: *oblivious to it all*

Now to update on the fish: Dragoon is doing well, though he still has problems figuring out how the cup works: taking out of the tank-Nope, not going in the cup! & putting back in the tank-Nope, not going in the tank!
Merlin is just being Merlin, and he's looking much better! I shall show you pictures later of how he looked when he was sick and how he looks now. I have to get ready for work though, so until later tonight...okay...fine! EARLY tomorrow!