Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #141 
BettaLover1313

I keep looking at the pictures of Merlin's fins and wondering, "Why?! Just why?" *smacks head against desk*
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #142 
AlphaOmegaWolf666

So I had to destroy Merlin AND Dragoon's bubble nest today and after getting glared and flaird at I left for a family reuinion and had fun. The boys had their supper and are fine (grumbles about Merlin flaring at me again)
AlphaOmegaWolf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #143 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOmegaWolf666 View Post
So I had to destroy Merlin AND Dragoon's bubble nest today and after getting glared and flaird at I left for a family reuinion and had fun. The boys had their supper and are fine (grumbles about Merlin flaring at me again)
At least he's still flaring! You can probably turn on his and Dragoon's light again on their tank.

Wedding was fun! The bride and groom seemed to have a grand time (even if the groom did get initiation by fire-aka all my male cousins danced with him when people could dance with the bride and groom, and my mom and I had a good time, as did my grandparents! So we'll be on our way back, starting this morning and ending sometime tomorrow evening...that is if all of us make it to Missouri XD.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #144 
AlphaOmegaWolf666

Alive you forgot the word alive! And boys are fine moody at me but fine
AlphaOmegaWolf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #145 
BettaLover1313

Yes lol, and alive! Glad to hear the boys are still doing well!

So...if you guys couldn't tell from my avatar, I really LOVE Shark Week on Discovery Channel! I decided to use a picture of Dragoon, which I'll probably change to one of him flaring once Shark Week is over, but for now, that will be my avatar :D. Anyone else a Shark Week Geek?

Anywho! In Missouri for the night and will get home sometime tomorrow evening. I can't wait to see Merlin & Dragoon, not to mention seeing Renji and Lucky the following day!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #146 
BettaLover1313

Back from Texas!!!! (Since last night) Boy where the boys happy to see me! They did their happy dances and Dragoon begged for food (AOW informed me that they had been fed already). It was nice getting to see my boys again, and even better to see how much Merlin's fins had healed already compared to the pictures of when he first tore them.

My mom and I picked up the dog and cat, and while Renji pretended to be annoyed with us, Lucky seemed to think that he wasn't going home. It wasn't until I was two blocks away from the house, that he got excited, and he's been ecstatic to be home. I think this has increased his separation anxiety though, since every time I've left the house today he's whined and tried to follow me out . Hoping that he'll settle down soon though, and come to understand that this is his forever home. Renji eventually came to say that he was happy to see us and glad to be home by cuddling and being friendly. Lucky has stayed in the same room as us ever since he's been home, and I intend to spend the night with him on the couch .

Today was a fasting day much to Merlin and Dragoon's disbelief, and unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to change their water today due to how busy I've been. Both seem happy though, and it's been nice to see Merlin flaring and patrolling his side of the tank like he did before he got the external parasites. Both have been making bubble nests too .

Got to see the horses I work with today, holding Peek-a-Boo and Genuine while they got their hooves trimmed and shod. Also fed them all, and learned that the owner intends to sell Zip, the horse I ride, but I understand that Zip isn't as broke as he'd like and it's not worth the risk and possible harm to him, me, and Zip if he were to go into a bucking fit while on a trail ride. Speaking of which, the current plan is to go on a trail ride on Sunday, but it all depends on how Zip behaves on Saturday if I can ride him before work and see how he handles. It also depends on how the owner is feeling since he's been a bit ill recently. Hoping I can go on Sunday, but we'll see.

I shall try to put up some pictures of the horses since I haven't talked much about them on here, but they're as big a part of my life as my own animals.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #147 
BettaLover1313

Lucky's been behaving himself so far, walking nicely on our walk today and he even learned how to play fetch while he was being boarded (didn't understand the concept before), and he hasn't been bothering the cat very much. I'm sure all of that will change once I post XD. I did spend the night with him on the couch, and I know he appreciated it since he spent most of the night next to me.

The betta boys are doing good. Merlin's swimming happily around, even with his torn fins, and Dragoon is his usual self .

Yeah, not much to report today, been lazy :/.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #148 
BettaLover1313

So, we'll first start off with Lucky...

While walking today, something spooked him. I don't know if it was the truck that went past, someone moving behind the glass door he was trying to look into, I really don't know. Whatever it was, it spooked him badly to the point that he was trying to get his harness off, and he was backing up towards the street. Luckily, I managed to get him to sit down, and then I petted him, managing to calm him down, and we finished our walk on a good note so he wouldn't be scared of walks.
Later, I noticed that he had a rash from when he pulled on his harness . I wish I knew what set him off like that and scared him so badly. We've walked on the sidewalk near the main road before so I don't understand at all.

On to the fish!

The plan for today was to get the filter back in the tank and do a 100% water and decoration cleaning...yeah...that didn't happen. I got only the filter back into the tank and managed to do a 50% water change . Poor Dragoon had to deal with a lot today, but he took it well, especially once he got his filter back (was happily swimming around and under it).

Merlin's fins are healing well, though he doesn't look much better from a couple days ago, I can see that he is healing, and it's interesting to see!

Tomorrow will definitely be a water changing and decoration cleaning day!

Now for one of those funny moments!

Dragoon: *sees BL1313's hand* "I'm gonna bite you!
BL1313: *sees Dragoon's expression* "Don't you dare bite me!"
Dragoon: *looks innocent* "I wasn't going to do anything, I promise!"
BL1313: "Yeah, right!"
Dragoon: *when BE1313 isn't looking*
Merlin: "What the heck is going on over there?"
Old 08-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #149 
Huffle Puffles

Yay, nice to read everyone is doing good!!

Sometimes the oddest things can spook a dog. Bailey would get spooked and I couldn't figure out what the heck it was until one day when I was sitting next to her I realized it was from little bugs zipping by her, the buzzing sound freaks her out. But you did the right thing sitting him down, waiting 'til calm and ending the walk on a good note, that was smart. :D
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #150 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffle Puffles View Post
Yay, nice to read everyone is doing good!!

Sometimes the oddest things can spook a dog. Bailey would get spooked and I couldn't figure out what the heck it was until one day when I was sitting next to her I realized it was from little bugs zipping by her, the buzzing sound freaks her out. But you did the right thing sitting him down, waiting 'til calm and ending the walk on a good note, that was smart. :D
Yep! Though I wish their slime coats would stop shedding, but today I know they both went through quite a bit, so of course they're bound to shed it a bit after a stressful day .

Lucky is very skittish to beging with (I had to carry him into places when we first got him) so I really don't know what set him off. I just knew that I did not want him ending up in the street, so I just stopped his progress, and he promptly sat down. I just kept talking to him until he was calm and then continued on. Lucky is certainly one of the more challenging dogs that I've had, but that's okay since Mom and I love him as is .